Sign in to follow this  
Pubby Pumqin

fsx task switch crash

I just got DX10 scenery fixer last night and haven't experienced any problems so tonight I decided to go in VATSIM and do some VFR for a bit. I'm now in FSX sitting in the stand and decided to go to my desktop and open vPilot and ASN. I go back to FSX and I get greeted with a black screen. I noticed vPilot doesn't notice FSX is rolling so it doesn't connect. This only happens when I switch to DX10.

Any help?

-Anton

You need to find out exactly what crashed and why.  

There is a crash to desktop forum on avsim who will help identify the culprit.

are you running more than one gpu or multiple monitors?

it is highly unlikely to be the fixer as it changes the shader code which runs on the gpu and cannot therefore crash fsx.

Repeat the scenario in dx10 preview without the fixer libraries installed  to confirm that it isn't the fixer.

Also does the scenario depend on using Asn or vpilot?  Is it 100% reproducible? Does the same occur without vatsim, I.e create a flight in fsx at the same location and switch to desktop.  Does the same occur in vatsim at a different location with a different aircraft?