Sign in to follow this  
denis1807

VoxAtc 7.41 - Initial FL missing

Hi,

I have a problem with P3D 3.3.5 and VoxAtc 7.41, when I declare a clearance for my destination airport in IFR, I receive all the correct information, SID included, but not receive the initial flight level.
After take off, when I reach FL100 for example, I receive the ATC comunication who tell me to descend to FL... or Increase my altitude.

I don't understant why.

I missed an information, I use ProATC to prepare my flight plan, upgraded to the latest version, and the ultimate NAVAIDS and AIRAC (1710 at this moment).

Thanks at all.

Best regards.

Denis

It could either be a bug or it could be your setup, but it's hard for me to tell from your post. You need to provide more information regarding the latter. I'm assuming that you have  loaded the correct AIRAC file into VOXATC, since you've received the correct SID, etc.. Also, what airport and other details can you provide about this?

Generally speaking, my experience with VOXATC regarding altitude inconsistencies is that if a specific SID and STAR from the procedures database has an altitude mandated for the transition waypoint, that altitude will "override" any other altitudes that you have entered in your flightplan. For example, if one were to create a flight plan with a STAR that has an altitude of FL100 for its transition waypoint and the flight plan has a cruise altitude of 8,000', one will be instructed to climb to FL100 to enter the STAR. This may not be a description of what is happening to you, but without further information I am just guessing.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:59 PM, denis1807 said:

Hi,

I have a problem with P3D 3.3.5 and VoxAtc 7.41, when I declare a clearance for my destination airport in IFR, I receive all the correct information, SID included, but not receive the initial flight level.
After take off, when I reach FL100 for example, I receive the ATC comunication who tell me to descend to FL... or Increase my altitude.

I don't understant why.

I missed an information, I use ProATC to prepare my flight plan, upgraded to the latest version, and the ultimate NAVAIDS and AIRAC (1710 at this moment).

Thanks at all.

Best regards.

Denis

This usually happens in Europe. I usually check if there is an alt restriction in the SID,  if there isn’t one, I set it to 6000ft until I am told to climb higher.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Hi,

thanks  for you response, I try to explain better the problem.
I want to tell that I use VoxATC since version 6.20.

I have install the AIRAC in the correct directory for VoxATC, and I receive the correct SID for departure clearence, but without the initial flight level:

Problem Example: cleared to Eppley Airport Chief two departure Saint Joseph transition then as filed maintain .... squawk one zero seven six cessna one one five one delta

Correct: ceared to Eppley Airport Chief two departure Saint Joseph transition then as filed maintain three thousand squawk one zero seven six cessna one one five one delta

I really hope to be able to explain the problem :biggrin:

Thanks again for your help!
Bye
Denis

I've taken the sentences from the manual just for example, because I'm not currently on my PC.
Normally I ying in Europe.
Thank you :biggrin:

Hi Denis1807 and others!

Did you get a solution to this problem.

I fly FSX, PMDG B737 and VOXATC 7.41

I experience the same problem flying from ENBR (Flesland, Bergen) to EKCH (Kastrup, Copenhagen) in the PMDG B737-800. I have loaded into FSX a flightplan like

ENBR TUXIL P603 ZOL AMSEV ROKAM L621 SVD EKCH

When I call for clearance I get something like:

SCANDINAVIAN 246 is cleared to Kastrup airport TUXIL 3C departure then as filed squawk 3022

In this situation I put altitude 16000 FT into the MCP because there is a fix OMEXI 15 miles before TUXIL with an altitude constraint of 16000 ABOVE. When I fly the departure, I get higher altitude assigned by the ATC when I come to OMEXI but I wonder whether this is a correct way (compared to the real world) of doing the procedure.

I have also tried to fly out of EKCH to ENBR with the loaded flightplan i FSX like EKCH MIKSI P990 AAL L621 TUKMU L197 BADAB ENBR and got this clearance:

SCANDINAVIAN 246 is cleared to Flesland airport MIKSI 2A departure then as filed squawk 3023

I did not yet fly this departure so I do not know what altitudes I might get assigned by ATC, but the MIKSI 2A departure has NO altitude constraints so in this case i do not know what altitude to set in the MCP initially.

Comments and / or solutions would be appreciated!

Kind Regards

Jannik

Hi all,

I am/was experinecing the same problem. Apart from not getting the initial altitude during the climb in some cases you would be asked to descent although there are no altitude constaints. This normally would happen when in SID you would have points to be passed at or above. VoxATC in most of my cases would not clear higher after passing the whole SID or the last point with contsraint at or above. If the route is short you basically would not have time to finally reach the cruise level. I did a test and edited level-d xml file to remove the altitude constraints for SID in a specific case 7000 or above (during the whole SID I was cleared to 8000 before editing). This worked like a charm and I could directly get higher altitudes by VOX when climibing through SID. I suspect that somehow VOX reads this constraint from level-d SID, and although it is a constraint at or above, there is no clearance for higher altitude. Any thoughts?

I will keep testing and post any new observations.

Regards,

Sergej  

On 3/16/2018 at 7:02 PM, seedosip said:

I did a test and edited level-d xml file to remove the altitude constraints for SID

bingo .... sergej & thanks

more in the morning when i stop celibrating such a successful flight (there are some quirky twists to the impact on weather & AI to that result from the "tweak")

for now, cheers

john martin

16 hours ago, vadriver said:

there are some quirky twists to the impact on weather & AI to that result from the "tweak"

team

a brief little tale about most of my recent flights on "regular routes" ...... where not only was i annoyed with late climb steps (as mentioned by Sergej) but that on arrival (& from about TOC), i had no AI & when cleared to descend below the TL, the quoted QNH was departure's as was the wind advised by tower for touchdown.

so on my last (after removing alttiude restraints in the Vox's airac SID's), not only did I get earlier & appropriate climb steps but it seems those other 2 issues have corrected (ie this one problem with SID's complicated other features).

& so now for the first time in a long while, i get correct current arrival weather .... and at least before 60nm direct to destination (& in this case with 90nm to run on VHHH's ABBEY3A).

my next step is to check whether cruise steps had also been affected by this SID issue .... here's guessing.

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

I'm a bit confused? So before a flightplan is used we should go to the departing and arrival airports xml ( in VOC navdata) and get rid of all altitude restraints? If not too much trouble can you attach a sample before and after on a typical xml.

17 hours ago, Polymerman said:

So before a flightplan is used we should go to the departing and arrival airports xml ( in VOC navdata) and get rid of all altitude restraints?

Rich

should be no need to "adjust" a flightplan (enroute only), just a departure SID where an initial altitude assignment by VOX's departure clearance is at or below an above altitude restraint on the SID.

that said, it is not that often you may / will have an issue as most SID's don't include such restraints mid climb.

an example for you maybe KSEA's HAROB6 where one needs to be above 10000' at HAROB itself (and after VOX may have assigned an initial altitude of say 6000'.

so, before on a 16L take-off

<Sid_Waypoint ID="6">
        <Name>HAROB</Name>
        <Type>Normal</Type>
        <Latitude>47.243333</Latitude>
        <Longitude>-123.040833</Longitude>
        <Speed>0</Speed>
        <Altitude>10000</Altitude>
        <AltitudeCons>0</AltitudeCons>
        <AltitudeRestriction>above</AltitudeRestriction>
        <Flytype>Fly-by</Flytype>
        <BankLimit>25</BankLimit>
        <Sp_Turn>Auto</Sp_Turn>
      </Sid_Waypoint>

and after the tweak

<Sid_Waypoint ID="6">
        <Name>HAROB</Name>
        <Type>Normal</Type>
        <Latitude>47.243333</Latitude>
        <Longitude>-123.040833</Longitude>
        <Speed>0</Speed>
        <Altitude>0</Altitude>
        <AltitudeCons>0</AltitudeCons>
        <AltitudeRestriction>at</AltitudeRestriction>

<Flytype>Fly-by</Flytype>
        <BankLimit>25</BankLimit>
        <Sp_Turn>Auto</Sp_Turn>
      </Sid_Waypoint>

plane plain as ??

let us know of any similar if you wish... & there maybe a few on the same SID & or others, particularily at the likes of ZBAA, VHHH etc. where i had "issues".

for now, cheers

john martin