Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

Cpt. Mike Ray Book Alert

Hello,

I just discovered that Cpt. Mike Ray has his newest book now available in both .pdf and spiral bound full color.

I didn't even know that he had released a new spiral bound full color version of this new book on the IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane.  I just happened to get on his website yesterday and discovered it.

I love Cpt. Rays books, and I love the IXEG 737, so running across a new Mike Ray book is special for me.  I have all of them and wanted to share this with anyone who would like to learn how to fly the 737-300 Classic in a way that is easy and enjoyable.

Anyone really wanting to learn to fly Boeings or Airbus aircraft correctly will really enjoy and be entertained by Cpt. Mike Ray's books and magazine articles that are available on his website. 

The magazine articles are available on Mike's website and are packed with information, at a real bargain of just $1.

This particular book that I'm writing about is on flying the IXEG 737 using real world procedures within X-Plane.  It is the first book that Mike Ray has done involving X-Plane and the previous book that he did on the 737 Classic was just using the Wilco 737. As everyone is probably aware of, the IXEG 737-300 is a study level simulation that will greatly benefit from one of Mike Ray's books showing how to properly fly it like second nature.

Mike Ray's books are really entertaining, fun to read and are packed with good information.  He is a retired real-world United Airlines pilot who has been a captain for both the 747-400 and 737-300 along with several other aircraft along with military experience.

Here is a link to Cpt. Mike Ray's website:  http://utem.com/ 

Here is the link to the new book on the IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane: IXEG 737-300 for X-PLANE.  I just ordered it.

• Upvote 3

I bought the BW Coil  version a while back, great information if I had time to read it :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

23 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

I bought the BW Coil  version a while back, great information if I had time to read it :)

That's really the good thing about it.  His books don't take a lot of time to read.  But I know what your talking about.  When I have time, I'd rather be on the flight sim.  

These books are well worth the read though.

Yes, very entertaining, I was lucky that PCAviator were doing a clear-out and I got it at a good price. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

31 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Don't use XPlane but Capt. Mike is number one.

Yup, he's a bit of a legend for flight simmers, and deservedly so. Great books from a very knowledgeable and likable guy.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just got mine in the mail and it looks like it will be a really good read on the Classic Guppy.

This will be the second book that he writes on the 737 Classic, only this one is focused on the IXEG version, which is nice.

I wanted to put a picture of it here, so anyone wanting the newest one will know what it looks like.

I've been flying it a lot lately, so this book will give me a lot of information on the correct procedures.

Like all of Mike's books, it looks very well written, informative and entertaining.

Thank  you,

Bob

737Classic.jpg