Sign in to follow this  
Mark Niebauer

Found a possible bug in P3d V4

I may have discovered a bug.  In P3d V4 when you create and load a flight plan into the sim and you are using PMDG 737-800, Lets say you setup the cockpit to a certain config, Then save this as a scenario. After you go back and reload this scenario at another date, it breaks the ATC and the atc stops working. Addons do not seem to be effecting this. The atc bug happens as a result of pmdg and saving a scenario with a flight plan in it. THen reloading it, you will see that atc stops working.  Has anyone else seen this?.  My work around is to make sure all scenarios with PMDG are not saved with a flight plan in them. It breaks ATC everytime on my system. ANy insight would be helpful.  THanks

Have you considered it may be a bug in PMDG? You might also want to ask on their forum if they've heard of this before.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

In a quick test on my rig the ATC session resumed correctly with the PMDG737 on P3Dv4. There are some subtle snags with the 737 on v4 although i'm not sure that's one of them.

So long as you start the sim from fresh (not already running), have a default flight with simple plane specified, then at the scenario screen (takes less time to set up the sim to start right into the scenario screen but works ok if the default flight loads all the way to sim), then load the saved flight from the P3D menu.

However, the plan file must still exist as the same name as in the saved flight, you will see the plan file name specified in the flight file ATC section. That must match. If the file name is not including path then P3D will look in the same folder as the flight file.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

A number of users and at least one reputable developer have reported a bug in the default P3d4 ATC where it just stops responding. LM has so far been unable to reproduce the bug, but I have experienced it. I'm not overly concerned since VOXATC now has a V4 compatible version.

11 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

A number of users and at least one reputable developer have reported a bug in the default P3d4 ATC where it just stops responding. LM has so far been unable to reproduce the bug, but I have experienced it. I'm not overly concerned since VOXATC now has a V4 compatible version.

Very interesting but kind of off subject, I have not experienced this so far but there are so many things outside of LM control that can create the effect. Probably not a bug, time will tell.

I'm guessing that it IS a bug that stems from conversion of the ATC DLL to 64 bit. I would post links to various discussions but this violates the TOS.

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm guessing that it IS a bug that stems from conversion of the ATC DLL to 64 bit. I would post links to various discussions but this violates the TOS.

The discussion is about resuming ATC from a saved flight with the PMDG 737 in P3Dv4.

You are talking about reports of an ATC bug that affects all types of planes in any situation? It's possible that is the problem the OP is seeing? However in many tests I'm seeing perfect resuming from saved flights and have not experienced the general ATC bug you mention, that could be anything of course.

The point i'm making is that the first thing to check if ATC does not resume with a saved flight is look in the flight save file, the .fxml file. This should show, in the ATC section, the correct name of the .PLN file. If the .PLN file is stored in the same folder as the .fxml then the path may be omitted.

I understood that Steve and I agree that it's the first place to look for an issue. I was just pointing out that the default ATC has been taken to task for other reasons.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jabloomf1230 said:

I understood that Steve and I agree that it's the first place to look for an issue. I was just pointing out that the default ATC has been taken to task for other reasons.

Yes Jay, thanks that's good info and it is very much appreciated in the context. I only wanted to be sure the 'bug' of the subject is not mixed up with the general 'bug' you mentioned. Agreed it's not likely to be the problem the original post outlines.

I can confirm this bug, even with a stock PD3 aircraft. The ATC stopped working, even without saving the flight, leaving the gane and reloading the flight. Tested with the KingAir from LKPR to LHBP

One user on the LM official forum claimed that moving the user aircraft to a different parking location made the ATC begin working. I could not reproduce his success, though. 

Just to recap, this discussion is about restoring ATC from a saved flight with the PMDG 737. Not about losing ATC during the course of a normal flight which can be caused by poor scenery..

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

One user on the LM official forum claimed that moving the user aircraft to a different parking location made the ATC begin working. I could not reproduce his success, though. 

So Jay, you are saying you lost ATC during a flight and by moving to a new parking spot it did not resume ATC? I'm not surprised, ATC would need to be restarted..

7 hours ago, felan09 said:

I can confirm this bug, even with a stock PD3 aircraft. The ATC stopped working, even without saving the flight, leaving the gane and reloading the flight. Tested with the KingAir from LKPR to LHBP

We are talking about resuming ATC from a saved flight - it either works or it does not.

Unfortunately, probably because of Jay's excitement posting about his favourite alternative ATC program, you are talking about a problem that can come from including a duff WP in your plan, missing waypoints should be designated user waypoints, or scenery and poor airport settings can confuse ATC and you'll lose it that way. I suggest you pare back your sim to stock and try again.

...finding no problems with resuming ATC from saved flights in a number of different situations, so I'm switching focus to flying the KingAir from LKPR to LHBP, injecting compatible AI traffic and using a compatible flight plan - hopefully ATC falls over so I can see what's happening...