Sign in to follow this  
Mark Niebauer

Found a possible bug in P3d V4

...also i'm injecting compatible advancing weather - seems to be going fine so far. Weather changes can affect the ATC operations if they are not properly considered and injected so it's always worth disabling weather engines when testing for these kind of problems... 

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

We are talking about resuming ATC from a saved flight - it either works or it does not.

Unfortunately, probably because of Jay's excitement posting about his favourite alternative ATC program, you are talking about a problem that can come from including a duff WP in your plan, missing waypoints should be designated user waypoints, or scenery and poor airport settings can confuse ATC and you'll lose it that way. I suggest you pare back your sim to stock and try again.

This happens to me with a default aircraft and a default airport..(and with non default aircrafts as well) during a flight that was NOT saved and reloaded (and with saved flights as well). I just create an IFR-flight without editing the flight-plan and let the ATC do their work

Is that a direct-to plan?

...things are looking good. Couldn't have put the sim to more trouble, AI traffic, weather advancing, plan with user waypoint...my AI Buddy and me are on 13L...

• Upvote 1

...i'm on Ferihegy Tower: "Make Straight in runway 13L, Beech 0KA"...

15 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I would post links to various discussions but this violates the TOS.

What ToS?  You are on AVSIM.  You can link to any discussions that will help you make your point but things can get complicated with members here going to another site to read all of the topics there relating to this discussion then coming back here to discuss it further.  It increases the chance of the topic here going off topic.  Let's try to keep this topic on topic.  If there is no issues with this problem then we can show that here in this topic and then start a new one on another potential bug.  If LM said this is a bug and they will fix it in v4.1, then one could simply post that information here and there would be no need for a link to LM to read something like, "we are aware of this problem and have found a fix and it will be fixed with the next version of P3DV4". 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

OK, well I got cleared to land 13L and precisely zero issues - ATC OK all the way.

However I'm looking into something concerning loading a saved flight. I'll come back later.

14 minutes ago, felan09 said:

Yep

...my route was  LKPR  PEMUR  MAVOR  NALOT  LHBP so i'll try direct later...

...I can't confirm or deny any bugs, and I've not worked out the full circumstances but it's possible you may find you need to restart your conversation with ATC after loading a save flight in P3D v4. 

THank you all for your suggestions. I am looking into 3rd party addons for ATC. The default ATC is just too weird for me. unpredictable behavior for sure at least on my system.

47 minutes ago, SteveW said:

...I can't confirm or deny any bugs, and I've not worked out the full circumstances but it's possible you may find you need to restart your conversation with ATC after loading a save flight in P3D v4. 

No problem...guess we have to wait if LM is really aware of the strange ATC behaviour....in some cases

56 minutes ago, Mark Niebauer said:

THank you all for your suggestions. I am looking into 3rd party addons for ATC. The default ATC is just too weird for me. unpredictable behavior for sure at least on my system.

When you go to a third party ATC addon you will likely be using external navdata sets for the planner and the ATC program and you should be good to go. However you may find problems with the internal GPS so get a third party GPS with the same dataset. Using plans from external navdata AIRACs that have been created without comparing to the waypoints in the sim so that missing waypoints can be deleted from the plan or asserted as user waypoints compatible with the ATC and internal GPS will cause a problem, these are required for reliable routes and ATC operation.

In answer to the OP there is a problem with certain circumstances whereby the flight saved will not be possible to resume with ATC current, however it will continue from where you are after requesting clearance, the current Agent is intact.

To test that simply start a flight, obtain clearance to taxi, save and reload. If you can still see the Progressive Taxi option, your ATC remains in contact.

Regarding the other possible bug ATC goes to sleep along the route: I can do that with basically incompatible addons, but using carefully constructed plans, compatible weather and traffic, I had no issues.