Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

What Causes This Terrain Issue?

This has got me stumped. My FSX-SE settings are obviously out of wack but it only happened about a week ago, up until then I have been very happy with my settings and appearance for a good year.

I really cannot figure what I need to do to get the terrain to display correctly as you can see from the print screen as you fly over areas the terrain appears to have lakes but then repaints itself into the correct land mass that it should be - can anyone help with suggestions what I need to do or check out?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XLb7UFadHbJrFrwp1

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

I had something similar going on in FSX SE with Orbx scenery.  Went to the DX10-Fixer (so from DX9 to DX10) and I haven't seen it since.   Performance improvement I'm guessing.

Eric Anderson

1 hour ago, Dane Watson said:

This has got me stumped. My FSX-SE settings are obviously out of wack but it only happened about a week ago, up until then I have been very happy with my settings and appearance for a good year.

I really cannot figure what I need to do to get the terrain to display correctly as you can see from the print screen as you fly over areas the terrain appears to have lakes but then repaints itself into the correct land mass that it should be - can anyone help with suggestions what I need to do or check out?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XLb7UFadHbJrFrwp1

Hi Dane, this should be fairly easy to recitfy. It is seen most often with Orbx sceneries. This is due to the necessity of correct library placement. It will be one of two things. 1) conflicting mesh, ie, you may have a third part mesh installed alongside Orbx sceneries. 2) The library insertion points are incorrect. For the first, try disabling any third part mesh and for the latter, ensure any Orbx sceneries have the correct library insertion points.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

6 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Hi Dane, this should be fairly easy to recitfy. It is seen most often with Orbx sceneries. This is due to the necessity of correct library placement. It will be one of two things. 1) conflicting mesh, ie, you may have a third part mesh installed alongside Orbx sceneries. 2) The library insertion points are incorrect. For the first, try disabling any third part mesh and for the latter, ensure any Orbx sceneries have the correct library insertion points.

Thank you, later today I will investigate your suggestions...

Regards, Dane

7 hours ago, SimSlim said:

I had something similar going on in FSX SE with Orbx scenery.  Went to the DX10-Fixer (so from DX9 to DX10) and I haven't seen it since.   Performance improvement I'm guessing.

Thank you, I forgot about looking into DX10 Fixer, will check that later today...

Regards, Dane

Thanks to you both - I have now solved the issue - not sure exactly what fixed it but this is what I did:

Uninstalled my third party airport addons then reinstalled them.

Checked FTX ORBX sceneries - they were all OK

Uninstalled my DX10 Fixer libraries and reinstalled it

Reconfigured REX Texture/Soft Clouds and reinstalled it

That's all I did and all is now good. Thanks again...

Regards, Dane

I've seen that before too.

I'm fairly sure that that issue is caused with ORBX being scrambled. Seems like the fix is just starting FTX central and it should detect and fix the problem. 

5 hours ago, Slayer said:

I've seen that before too.

I'm fairly sure that that issue is caused with ORBX being scrambled. Seems like the fix is just starting FTX central and it should detect and fix the problem. 

Thanks, I actually did just that as my first item out of three. Like I had said I am not sure which of the three fixed the issue.

Dane...

Regards, Dane

14 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Thanks, I actually did just that as my first item out of three. Like I had said I am not sure which of the three fixed the issue.

Dane...

Glad you got it sorted Dane :smile:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776