On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:37 AM, WebMaximus said:

In my case I see the GPU utilization is at 100% most of the time so I guess that means upgrading to a 1080Ti would improve that situation?

I'm also running at 100% GPU usage most of the time with my GTX 960, but I'm wondering if that is actually good for the card itself. Lately I've encountered a few crashes, where the 'Nvidia driver has stopped, but has recovered'. I'm thinking this has to do with the extremely high GPU usage, or if it's more of a driver issue. Never had this type error when I was running FSX, so I'm leaning toward it being a result of P3Dv4 pushing a lot of data to the card. Since, I'm running unlimited frames, might it be an idea to put a limit on it and see how that works.

Just a lil edgy with the card running at super-high usage for extended periods.

Mike

I've now replaced my 980Ti with a 1080Ti and this situation with almost constantly 100% GPU utilization is no longer an issue. Now I normally see a GPU utilization somewhere between 50-90 and on a few occasion I've seen also the 1080Ti reaching 100%.

If you lock your FPS that will certainly decrease the GPU utilization but in my case I never wanted to use that approach since I never get the same smooth and fluid motion when panning around the v/c for instance using a locked FPS.

Richard Åsberg