Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Cosford 2017 FlightSim Show

I am really looking forward to this year's show at RAF Cosford. I thoroughly enjoyed the show in 2014 and 2015, but there was something missing in 2016. I think that part of the reason for this is that I wandered around a bit aimlessly last year, without any clear focus of what I wanted to do, and also the lack of a chat focal point (which was the Mutley's Hangar stand in the previous two years). I also didn't get quite as involved last year as I had done previously, so I intend to correct that this year. Another term for this would be "poking my nose in and asking questions/providing help to others" :smile: There are also a greater number of exhibitors this year that are of interest to me (including TFDi Design and ORBx Systems), so I am keen to get chatting with those guys.

So, how many other AVSIM members are intending to visit the show this year? For the record, if you arrive before the doors open at 9:30 AM, I will almost certainly be the guy at the front of the queue :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I was considering it for the first time - interested in your feedback as from the pictures of prior shows, I must say I envisaged myself wandering aimlessly too. Im only really interested in future developments from the likes of PMDG, FSL, Lockheed Martin, Majestic, A2A. And from seeing budget home-hardware developments that start to move desktop computers more towards fixed based sims (ie. larger screens, projectors, replica yokes and throttles etc...). Not sure I will get much in the way of this... or am I wrong?

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

I think the key is to "get involved". Don't just wander around observing things. Ask questions, get to know people, chat about flight simulation in general.....how often do you get to do the latter "face to face" with other flightsim users? I also really enjoy helping others if they are having issues with P3D, or those addons that I know about. It's also worth noting that the JustFlight staff members (the organisers) are a really nice bunch of guys, so chatting with them is also a pleasure :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I seriously considered it but it's Birmingham, about 100 miles from me in Manchester, it doesn't seem a lot, but the traffic into Birmingham can be dreadful.  As Rich says above, I want to hear from the big players as well, but they never seem to attend.

Ian R Tyldesley

It's located just outside Telford, not in the middle of Birmingham. If you are coming from Manchester, you do not need to get anywhere near Birmingham. I will be driving down from Ulverston, Cumbria the day before (a distance of around 150 miles), and staying in a local Premier Inn. I generally take the M6 down to Manchester, and then the M56 west for a short distance,followed by a succession of A roads. A very enjoyable journey :smile:

As for big players at the event, ORBx Systems, Quality Wings, and Flightsim Labs will be there.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Im wondering if I really should try it out this year. Will be a day trip from London - long drive!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Hmm OK, i am sold...  If i am not on call for work i'll pop down for the event.

Ian R Tyldesley

Just in case any of you have not seen the main Cosford 2017 FlightSim Show website, you can access this using the link below......

http://flightsimshow.com/

This site lists the developers (and other suppliers) that will be exhibiting at this year's show, together with details and times of various seminars that will be presented during the day. Hopefully, a floor plan will soon be available.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher was the only person from the forum I got to meet last year - and that was just co-incidental and passing by. Nonetheless, it is great to meet someone you have only ever known on fligthsim fora for years.  Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year due to other commitments, but have fun to all who go.

On a side note, I have a Thrustmaster TFlight Hotas X Joystick/Throttle for sale (£20) that I will take down to the Cosford 2017 show if anyone is interested. Used only once before being placed back into its polystyrene packaging and presentation box. Postage and packing for delivery elsewhere just wastes money, so on site collection makes it a bargain :smile: PM me if you are going to the show, and would like to purchase it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I will be there last time I went to the shows it was at Blackpool and the NEC, I will have breakfast at the little chef crew turnoff on the M6 on the way down, hope to bump into some of you guys now I'm back in flight sim.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Can't make it unfortunately, currently working in Scotland and then later in Manchester, so I'm unfortunately otherwise engaged. Would have really liked to go too. :bengong:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Will anyone be streaming/recording and Youtubing the panel discussions and presentations?