Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good question, it has been on my mind as well. I want to be able to turn my view faster than the default speed and have no idea how one might adjust this value. Have you asked over at xplane.org.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you have 2 versions for the pane rate.

 

i.e. LEFT

-pan left (default)

-pan left fast (use this instead)

 

hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mmerelles said:

you have 2 versions for the pane rate.

 

i.e. LEFT

-pan left (default)

-pan left fast (use this instead)

 

hope this helps

Ah, in the settings for control devices?

I also wonder where this data is stored? and is it "tweakable".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I haven't tried x-plane.org...Where would I find this setting at? I'm not familiar with all the settings yet in X-Plane..

I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you go to xplane settings (top right corner buttons), then joystick tab, on the hat switch change assignment for every movement to 'fast' option from the pick down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mmerelles said:

you go to xplane settings (top right corner buttons), then joystick tab, on the hat switch change assignment for every movement to 'fast' option from the pick down.

Hmmm...I don't have the "fast" option from the pick down list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HDUltraClassic said:

Hmmm...I don't have the "fast" option from the pick down list.

 

1. Last option on the pickdown is Custom, select it and then clic EDIT inmediately below to the right.

2. Once you are on edit mode, type 'fast' on the search bar for real time filtering

3. Select: Rotate view: pan xxx fast (xxx = left, right, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad this question was asked. I have 2 hat switches on my Saitek joystick. I assigned one for quick glances and the other for slower controlled movements around the instrument panel. And have tried to make the best of these setting thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, flyerkg said:

I'm glad this question was asked. I have 2 hat switches on my Saitek joystick. I assigned one for quick glances and the other for slower controlled movements around the instrument panel. And have tried to make the best of these setting thus far.

 

glad to have helped

 

yeah, glance will make your view rotate 90 degree while holding the button, but the view will be re-centered to its initial position as soon as you release it.

I do have 2 buttons assigned myself for left and right glance, very useful for quick view to the sides upon departure, turns and landing without you required to rotate the camera back to the desired position.

 

Pan will make your view rotate into the desired direction while you keep holding and it will stay there. Pan is usefull for rotating the camera in any direction for manipulating forward panel, overhead, pedestal, etc.

 

Another very useful xplane feature for very fast scanning/manipulating the entire cockpit is the mouse camera feature (this also works for any camera interior/exterior)

-Simply press and hold right mouse button while you move the mouse around to rotate the camera freely to whatever you want it to point out. You may also combine it with the scroll wheel for zoom in/out. This offers much more freedom that the traditional hat pan.

note: if you double clic right button instead of holding it you stay on free camera mode, no button holding required, until you double clic again to rever back.

 

There are much more camera tricks, xplane camera management is extremely powerfull

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mmerelles said:

 

1. Last option on the pickdown is Custom, select it and then clic EDIT inmediately below to the right.

2. Once you are on edit mode, type 'fast' on the search bar for real time filtering

3. Select: Rotate view: pan xxx fast (xxx = left, right, etc)

Great! Thanks for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now