stinger2k2

Off-On-On micro toggle switches

Hi Guys,

My Phenom cockpit requires toggle switches which go from OFF to AUTO to ON.

So in need a toggle switch which is Off-On-On. Is there such a thing out

there as I am really struggling to find one?. I bought a micro toggle which was

supposed to be On-On-On, thinking i'll just not wire up the first position but

it turned out to be impossible with this type of switch.

Any ideas?

cheers

Stinger

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

19 minutes ago, stinger2k2 said:

Hi Guys,

My Phenom cockpit requires toggle switches which go from OFF to AUTO to ON.

So in need a toggle switch which is Off-On-On. Is there such a thing out

there as I am really struggling to find one?. I bought a micro toggle which was

supposed to be On-On-On, thinking i'll just not wire up the first position but

it turned out to be impossible with this type of switch.

Any ideas?

cheers

Stinger

Have a look at www.Desktopaviator.com Their website is not the greatest but I have done business with them for years. You will need a controler board to make the switches interface with the flight sim.

1 minute ago, shivers9 said:

Have a look at www.Desktopaviator.com Their website is not the greatest but I have done business with them for years. You will need a controler board to make the switches interface with the flight sim.

Thanks, i'll take a look. I am using Leo Bodnar boards and all is working ok so far but struggling with these 3 position switches.

cheers

Stinger

For this type of application, you need to design the mechanism that will work with several switch combinations.

For example, a spring loaded lever could have position one as "off", position two as "auto", and position three as "on". For this application, two spst switches would do the trick. Of course , you need a controller board for wiring.

tony

33 minutes ago, flyforever said:

For this type of application, you need to design the mechanism that will work with several switch combinations.

For example, a spring loaded lever could have position one as "off", position two as "auto", and position three as "on". For this application, two spst switches would do the trick. Of course , you need a controller board for wiring.

tony

Why did I think it wasn't going to be simple.....:-)

Looks like I may have to go for On-Off-On and slightly change the design of my switch positions. At least I can buy these off the shelf.

Thanks for looking

Stinger

Yes, switches and flight sim functions have not received sufficient attention from developers, so at times some aircraft functions cannot be properly simulated. FSX landing gear is a good example. Without FSUIPC, you cannot program it with one switch using FSX buttons. Even two switches will not do, since FSX recognizes the same button for either up or down.

tony

If I'm understanding the problem correctly, you should be OK with a double pole double throw (DPDT) centre off toggle switch.  Use a pull-up (or pull-down, as appropriate) resistor to hold the AUTO line active with the switch in the centre off position, and connect one pole to pull it the other way in the OFF position.  The other pole can then be used to switch the ON line.

1 hour ago, lzamm said:

If I'm understanding the problem correctly, you should be OK with a double pole double throw (DPDT) centre off toggle switch.  Use a pull-up (or pull-down, as appropriate) resistor to hold the AUTO line active with the switch in the centre off position, and connect one pole to pull it the other way in the OFF position.  The other pole can then be used to switch the ON line.

I like the sound of that solution. I'll look into that. 

Cheers

Stinger

I am also looking for a off-on-(mom) switch. purpose is to use it for the magneto function in an Cessna 172SP. The functions would then be off-magneto+Ron-start.

I do not really understand what the problem was in the previous posts. But what I am looking for seems to be very similar.
I had seen following switch M2027 from NKK as a possibility. Following is a link to the data sheet:

http://www.nkkswitches.com/pdf/MtogglesBushing.pdf

Would the NKK M2027 be suitable for me, if I do not connect the 1-out pin?

Thanks for the help.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:15 PM, oemlegoem said:

I am also looking for a off-on-(mom) switch. purpose is to use it for the magneto function in an Cessna 172SP. The functions would then be off-magneto+Ron-start.

I do not really understand what the problem was in the previous posts. But what I am looking for seems to be very similar.
I had seen following switch M2027 from NKK as a possibility. Following is a link to the data sheet:

Would the NKK M2027 be suitable for me, if I do not connect the 1-out pin?

Thanks for the help.

Hi, The problem I found with this type of switch is that although it has 3 positions you cannot use a common ground

with it as I tried to with my Leo Bodnar interface board because each pole of the switch is not independant. Cheaper

versions of the same switch are available on Ebay so it may be worth a try but i have not been able to sort it out for

my Carenado Phenom 300. You may be able to sort it out with this type of switch using a script, depending on which

Cessna 172 you are using and wether it using standard FSX controls or ones custom designed for that aircraft as in

the Carenado Phenom. 

all the best

Stinger

3 hours ago, stinger2k2 said:

Hi, The problem I found with this type of switch is that although it has 3 positions you cannot use a common ground

with it as I tried to with my Leo Bodnar interface board because each pole of the switch is not independant. Cheaper

versions of the same switch are available on Ebay so it may be worth a try but i have not been able to sort it out for

my Carenado Phenom 300. You may be able to sort it out with this type of switch using a script, depending on which

Cessna 172 you are using and wether it using standard FSX controls or ones custom designed for that aircraft as in

the Carenado Phenom. 

all the best

Stinger

Hello Stinger

Thanks for the feedback. I still have problems to understand why the NKK M2027 switch would not work with the Leo Bodnar board.
Have a look at the spec sheet , page A56

Position down: connected 2-3-5-6: use 2-6
Position Center: connected 2-3-5-4: use 2-4
Position Up: connected 2-1 5-4: use 2-1

So the connections used are for the different positions: down 2-6, center 2-4 and up 2-1. So I would use 2 as the common ground connection.

Can you please look at this? Also, what other brand did you see on Ebay?

Thanks for the help.