Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How is your KMCO?

How is your Orlando KMCO airport rendered in P3dv4?  I have all the ORBX addons:  Global, Vector, etc. but my KMCO is loaded with trees everywhere and bears no resemblance to reality.  I had a beautiful rendition of KMCO when I used FSX (payware),,and I would gladly pay for a realistic version for P3dV4 if one were available.

Since I enjoy flying into Orlando, I would like a solution if any of you have one.

Stan

• Upvote 1

I,m also waiting for Taxi2gate to upgrade KMCO seems like it might be awhile.

• Upvote 1

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

You have to be signed in to the Orbx forum to use that link.

I don't have any major problems with T2G KMCO other than runway lighting.  I fixed the runway lighting issues with ADE, which is now compatible with P3Dv4, and while I was at it added a few missing DMEs from the ILSs.  During that exercise I was please to find that in general T2G had the exact location of all navaids correctly.  Good for them.  Many developers just use the default navaids and all the problems they have are included in their payware... one of my pet peeves.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well,the fix for Stan's issue is available on that link.  He is an ORBX/FTX product user and therefore, the fix is specifically for him and/or others in his situation.  The problem with MCO occurred with everyone using FTX Global.  It was an error on their part, and they addressed it.  Sooo, if you/he/anyone wants the fix, register for and log in to the forum.

22 minutes ago, downscc said:

You have to be signed in to the Orbx forum to use that link.

I don't have any major problems with T2G KMCO other than runway lighting.  I fixed the runway lighting issues with ADE, which is now compatible with P3Dv4, and while I was at it added a few missing DMEs from the ILSs.  During that exercise I was please to find that in general T2G had the exact location of all navaids correctly.  Good for them.  Many developers just use the default navaids and all the problems they have are included in their payware... one of my pet peeves.

Did you just use the installer for p3dv3? Or did you use a workaround?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

2 hours ago, nocaltom said:

Did you just use the installer for p3dv3? Or did you use a workaround?

Thanks,

Tom

I used what ever installer is available, probably P3Dv3, but I installed to my addon scenery location and created my own add-on.xml for all T2G locations.  There are a few installers that look for prepar3d.exe file in the root folder, which I deal with by having a file of that name with zero size in my addon location (I use D:\Addon so all Taxi2Gate sceneries are installed under D:\Addon\T2G\).

Dan Downs KCRP

34 minutes ago, downscc said:

I used what ever installer is available, probably P3Dv3, but I installed to my addon scenery location and created my own add-on.xml for all T2G locations.  There are a few installers that look for prepar3d.exe file in the root folder, which I deal with by having a file of that name with zero size in my addon location (I use D:\Addon so all Taxi2Gate sceneries are installed under D:\Addon\T2G\).

What Dan said... also, I think on the T2G website they have an AFCAD update which I used and fixes the light issue in P3D as all of my lights are working fine with it installed in V4.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thanks for the info guys!!

Tom Davis

UAL440.png

THANK YOU, MEDX421.   Trees are now gone!  Those 2 BGL replacement files did the trick for me.  Enjoyed a flight from MCO to MIA (short flight because I'm tired).  Really enjoyed taking off with no trees with which to collide.

Stan

• Upvote 1

I read that the next Vector update (1.60) will have this fix in it.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale