Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

P3D v4.1 official release date announced - Oct 10th

I thought it was a good presentation. I did not realise they had changed so much under the hood and it's good to see a lot of the gripes around basic features like ATC are going to be looked at in future. Good stuff.

I will wait until the change log, but if the DL issues and multi core improvement is not even mentioned I see no point in focusing the sim on VR when the core of the sim is flawed.

Simbol

• Upvote 1

LM is very VR minded..

I hoped for :

- fixed bridges ( loss of fps at higher mesh res )

- fixed photo real rendering ( blurries gone )

- better handling of DL ( less taxing )

- dawn/dusk fps framerate improvement

Gerard

• Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 hours ago, pracines said:

I was very happy to read that the LM team is focused on VR.

For all the actual info they provided, the team being "focused" on VR could just mean they're having fun playing with their VR headsets :biggrin:

Regarding the video on sloped runways that was mentioned but not linked in the other thread, it's here

The callout on the runway of "on-taxiway.....on-taxiway" says it all I think, as does the crunching thud as the slope changes :biggrin:

45 minutes ago, GSalden said:

LM is very VR minded..

They want to sell it to the military.  Money, nothing more and nothing less. 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

for me i am at least cuirous what the vc rain effect will be. It seems to be a first try..

• Upvote 1

Carsten U

40 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

What business is that?! :laugh:

I'll give you an example... When the pilots say

Pilot: "you know me, I'm always willing to help out"

2 weeks later......

Me:  "Any chance you can operate into your day off to save cancelling the Flight"

Pilot: " I'd love to help out,  unfortunately I've made plans tomorrow "

Lets wait and see what these ground breaking changes are in 4.1....

14ppkc-6.png

Also very happy for the VR improvements! Hopefully soon enough we will have very good native VR experiences both in XP11 and in P3D so that external plugins are not needed anymore. In the case of P3D, it is clear that they see a very big importance for VR in training (main use case scenario for the platform).

As for ATC, AI and related technologies, I think that this can be left to 3rd. Parties. I only wish that they could improve their rendering/lightning technologies to come a bit closer to what is currently offered by XP11. I guess the limitations of an ancient engine are too big to be surpassed.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

LM is very VR minded..

I hoped for :

- fixed bridges ( loss of fps at higher mesh res )

- fixed photo real rendering ( blurries gone )

- better handling of DL ( less taxing )

- dawn/dusk fps framerate improvement

Gerard

9 hours ago, simbol said:

I will wait until the change log, but if the DL issues and multi core improvement is not even mentioned I see no point in focusing the sim on VR when the core of the sim is flawed.

Simbol

I fully agree. There are too many optimizations that need to be done to be on a par with Xplane and to make the "new" features properly working. Just look how DL or dynamic, reflections, or SSAA torture the hardware. Not good.  I would also wish that those things have priority.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

From FSELITE.

The questions were submitted by the users and all responses have been simplified / condensed to give you a quick view of what was said. 

In regards to airports that closed years ago and updating the database…

LM: “This is something the team are focused on going forward. More information in the future.”

How does Lockheed Martin view the non-military community?

LM: “The user community is the lifeblood of P3D and critical to the success. We often work with various developers to create a mutually beneficial relationship. A lot of user community feedback is used to improve the platform.”

Is ATC something you’re going to consider improving?

LM: “P3D is under constant development and ATC is something we’re interested in improving.”

Side Note: The P3D agree that voice recognition in the future would be ‘awesome’.

Are there plans to improve on: perception of speed, wet/dry runways, sloped runways, VC rain on windshield and better GPU usage.

LM: Yes to all of the above. In fact, rain on the windshield in the virtual cockpit you’ll start to see in V4.1.

LM: Sloped runways is the 2nd most requested feature after 64-bit. We’re continuing to look for ways to include it.

Do you plan on creating your own flight model?

LM: “We’ve made improvements over the years, but as every aircraft is unique our focus has been on improving the SDK to ensure developers can create custom flight models from scratch”

When will 4.1 be released?

October 10th, 2017 @ 3PM EST. Change log will come a few days before.

How is the dynamic lighting in version 4.1? 

LM: Dynamic lighting was included in v4.0 and definitely a strong starting point. Developers are doing amazing stuff with the technology as we work towards refining capability.

A few big product releases will be released on or very close to the v4.1 release. (Note, the question was regarding FSLabs 320).

How to get a job with Lockheed Martin

LM: We are a software focused team so a degree in Computer Science or software engineering is a major requiremnet, along with any C++ experience. Plus, we want someone who is passionate for gaming and familiar with flight simulation. Check out this site for more: https://search.lockheedmartinjobs.com/

Plans to change the EULA?

LM: We don’t anticipate changing our EULA in the near-term.

What’s the future hold?

LM: We’re releasing 4.1 very soon and our road map has a strong focus on ‘immersive technology and virtual reality’. In 4.1 you will see the first steps to support this vision.

Any plans to update the rendering engine to DirectX 12 or Vulkan?

LM: DirectX 12 is on the plans for long term, but nothing specific to announce right now.

What are the prospects for further utilization of multi-core CPUs?

LM: Every release sees us improve the multicore threading performance. We’re still continuing to work on some areas as we progress. V4.0 saw us thread draw maps for gauges, for example.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, tooting said:

They want to sell it to the military.  Money, nothing more and nothing less. 

True, the rest of us are only along for the ride.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

3 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

for me i am at least cuirous what the vc rain effect will be. It seems to be a first try..

Thats the best news I have heard in a long time; been waiting for 8 years for this again; wonder if it will work with existing add-ons like PMDG....I hope...

Simon

1 minute ago, simon747 said:

Thats the best news I have heard in a long time; been waiting for 8 years for this again; wonder if it will work with existing add-ons like PMDG....I hope...

It is a great visual enhancement for sure, but given that it's a first step implementation, I suspect performance issues will arise and we will have to wait for 4.2 to fix those.

So we should be all peachy by v4.4 and then it'll be onto V5.  Don't you just love the cycles.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It is a great visual enhancement for sure, but given that it's a first step implementation, I suspect performance issues will arise and we will have to wait for 4.2 to fix those.

So we should be all peachy by v4.4 and then it'll be onto V5.  Don't you just love the cycles.

lol...do you think it will work with add-ons; or just the default planes?

Simon