Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

P3D v4.1 official release date announced - Oct 10th

4 minutes ago, simon747 said:

lol...do you think it will work with add-ons; or just the default planes?

I think they said it'll be implemented with some of the default aircraft. The implementation will be up to the aircraft developers for their own aircraft, I suspect 

4 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I think they said it'll be implemented with some of the default aircraft. The implementation will be up to the aircraft developers for their own aircraft, I suspect 

ohh dang...not expecting any miracles from add-on developers anytime soon then...shame...it will greatly enhance immersion!

Simon

Well, PMDG is presumably at LM's table for beta testing, so I assume there will be an update to PMDG's stable soon after release.  I don't care much for anything else.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

From FSELITE.

The questions were submitted by the users and all responses have been simplified / condensed to give you a quick view of what was said. 

In regards to airports that closed years ago and updating the database…

LM: “This is something the team are focused on going forward. More information in the future.”

How does Lockheed Martin view the non-military community?

LM: “The user community is the lifeblood of P3D and critical to the success. We often work with various developers to create a mutually beneficial relationship. A lot of user community feedback is used to improve the platform.”

Is ATC something you’re going to consider improving?

LM: “P3D is under constant development and ATC is something we’re interested in improving.”

Side Note: The P3D agree that voice recognition in the future would be ‘awesome’.

Are there plans to improve on: perception of speed, wet/dry runways, sloped runways, VC rain on windshield and better GPU usage.

LM: Yes to all of the above. In fact, rain on the windshield in the virtual cockpit you’ll start to see in V4.1.

LM: Sloped runways is the 2nd most requested feature after 64-bit. We’re continuing to look for ways to include it.

Do you plan on creating your own flight model?

LM: “We’ve made improvements over the years, but as every aircraft is unique our focus has been on improving the SDK to ensure developers can create custom flight models from scratch”

When will 4.1 be released?

October 10th, 2017 @ 3PM EST. Change log will come a few days before.

How is the dynamic lighting in version 4.1? 

LM: Dynamic lighting was included in v4.0 and definitely a strong starting point. Developers are doing amazing stuff with the technology as we work towards refining capability.

A few big product releases will be released on or very close to the v4.1 release. (Note, the question was regarding FSLabs 320).

How to get a job with Lockheed Martin

LM: We are a software focused team so a degree in Computer Science or software engineering is a major requiremnet, along with any C++ experience. Plus, we want someone who is passionate for gaming and familiar with flight simulation. Check out this site for more: https://search.lockheedmartinjobs.com/

Plans to change the EULA?

LM: We don’t anticipate changing our EULA in the near-term.

What’s the future hold?

LM: We’re releasing 4.1 very soon and our road map has a strong focus on ‘immersive technology and virtual reality’. In 4.1 you will see the first steps to support this vision.

Any plans to update the rendering engine to DirectX 12 or Vulkan?

LM: DirectX 12 is on the plans for long term, but nothing specific to announce right now.

What are the prospects for further utilization of multi-core CPUs?

LM: Every release sees us improve the multicore threading performance. We’re still continuing to work on some areas as we progress. V4.0 saw us thread draw maps for gauges, for example.

I reckon if you had asked them 

"do you like donuts"

they would of replied.

"donuts are something we are looking at in the future"

If you said.. 

"what are you doing to stop ctds caused by .net and simmconnect" 

they would of replied

"this is something we are looking at in the future"

or...

"when are you going to actually work properly, ie "in harmony" with pmdg and FSl, pete dowson, vpilot etc etc, instead of just giving them a service pack"

they would of replied

"this is something we are looking at in the future"

They couldnt give a fig about the flightsim community.  They want to sell it to various military to train cadets

• Upvote 8

14ppkc-6.png

Well, I'm glad they're looking at alot of stuff.  Despite the immediate frustration of 'no real news' there are definite indications that things are moving forward which is always good news.  Despite everything, I'm pretty darn happy with 4.0.

15 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Well, PMDG is presumably at LM's table for beta testing, so I assume there will be an update to PMDG's stable soon after release.  I don't care much for anything else.

Lets hope we can see some rain then!!  I will deal with any fps issues for that feature lol!

• Upvote 2

Simon

3 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Lets hope we can see some rain then!!  I will deal with any fps issues for that feature lol!

Yup they can fix that ctd with the captains side HSI   , the VHHH memory leak,  the dome light ctd, the range dial ctd... all of which have been around 10+ years...

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, tooting said:

Yup they can fix that ctd with the captains side HSI   , the VHHH memory leak,  the dome light ctd, the range dial ctd... all of which have been around 10+ years...

Never had any issues of the above luckily; their planes are the most stable I have ever flown in the sim.:)

Simon

I am glad you don't work for the samaritans Pete. 

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, tooting said:

I've not experienced any of that in V4.0

I'm still amazed that I can complete a 10 hour flight with a PMDG aircraft, from a detailed airport in a full-fat Orbx region, to another detailed airport in another full-fat Orbx region without an OOM. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I am glad you don't work for the samaritans Pete. 

Come work for a huge company You'll hear this drum beating all the time when they are trying to generate sales and revenue before a sale launch 

Me and my colleagues call Mondays buzz word day as all the bosses will say "moving forward"  Or "double down" Or "Lets get proactive"  at least 20 times on a Monday.

And after sorting out pilots and cabin crew for 10+ years it's like working for the samaritans when you delay flights because the caterer only had diet coke and not full fat coke and no quavers in the crew trolley...

14ppkc-6.png

13 minutes ago, tooting said:

And after sorting out pilots and cabin crew for 10+ years it's like working for the samaritans when you delay flights because the caterer only had diet coke and not full fat coke and no quavers in the crew trolley...

How could anyone fly without diet coke and a packet of quavers......come on!.:biggrin: 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm just sick and tired of ctds due to junk coding and companies not working together David.

They need to sort that out instead of VR for the Saudis 

And yes I delayed an hour a flight in Jfk last week for quavers and cokes.. Pilots,  there more princess that jasmine in Aladdin 

14ppkc-6.png

55 minutes ago, tooting said:

Come work for a huge company You'll hear this drum beating all the time when they are trying to generate sales and revenue before a sale launch 

Me and my colleagues call Mondays buzz word day as all the bosses will say "moving forward"  Or "double down" Or "Lets get proactive"  at least 20 times on a Monday.

lol

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, tooting said:

I'm just sick and tired of ctds due to junk coding and companies not working together David.

They need to sort that out instead of VR for the Saudis 

And yes I delayed an hour a flight in Jfk last week for quavers and cokes.. Pilots,  there more princess that jasmine in Aladdin 

I agree about VR and coding Pete.

OMG at Pilots, that's sad.