Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

P3D v4.1 official release date announced - Oct 10th

Finally, what is the strangest or funniest feature request from a user or 3rd party developer the team has received so far?

Lockheed Martin: One of the more interesting ones was if we could include Iron Man as a selectable vehicle. We’d probably have to talk to Marvel about that one! They did use a F-22 in the first movie, so maybe they would be open to it. 

LOL! :laugh:
One can only hope.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

VR? Really? They should focus on optimizations and performance first. Such as the dynamic lighting, autogen popups, blurry photo textures

Lockheed Martin's military customers will be far more interested in VR than they are in stuff like autogen popups, blurry photo textures in the distance, or improvements to ATC and AI plane behaviour.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Lockheed Martin's military customers will be far more interested in VR than they are in stuff like autogen popups, blurry photo textures in the distance, or improvements to ATC and AI plane behaviour.

But how awful must it be with VR glasses to have autogen popups, blurry photo textures, bad AA and frame drops using DL... It will be even more apparent by using VR.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

And IF you have a wife/partner, God help you.  

Erich -
Oh, it's not bad. My wife does appreciate my hobby. She says it 'Keeps me out of mischief'.

...she was VERY impressed with those VC previews of the v4 FSL 'bus, especially when I told her that it was 'free'...so I got her 'approval'...

It is not without problems, though.

Her sense of timing isn't very good - she always seems to interrupt when I am on approach....so she does occasionally get banned from the flight deck...

Actually, a problem occurred when I asked her to 'bounce' my chair on touchdown, to improve the immersion. Apparently it was the last straw....

..and she still refuses to wear the flight attendant's uniform

Regards

Bill

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Yes, for these reasons developers are asking LM to improve the SDK with better functions so we can step in and improve the simulator.

We can only hope, but I can tell you that the new SDK for PD3 V4 has new functions and new features to allow developers to have access to more variables and controls from the Sim so certainly they are providing third party developers with better tools in comparison with the FSX SDK which has remained "STATIC".

All the best,

Simbol

7 hours ago, captain420 said:

VR? Really? They should focus on optimizations and performance first. Such as the dynamic lighting, autogen popups, blurry photo textures. Perhaps VR is the future and all, but it needs to have a strong foundation first.

Amen to that!

Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

VR? Really? They should focus on optimizations and performance first. Such as the dynamic lighting, autogen popups, blurry photo textures. Perhaps VR is the future and all, but it needs to have a strong foundation first.

I think it was noted, IIRC,  that part of the groundwork for improving the VR experience very much includes ongoing optimizations of that nature.  So regardless of whether you are a VR fan or not, it's a win-win situation

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

This is exactly it, we simmers are pretty far down the priority list when compared to LM's true financial base for P3D...i'm just grateful to be along for the ride!

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, BillCusick said:

especially when I told her that it was 'free'...so I got her 'approval'...

Every time my wife catches me with something new, I tell her it was free!

But then she opens my Credit card bill and I get a beating.

She doesn't know that I like it when she beats me.

So its a win win for me.:ph34r:

My advantage: my wife has a Horse costing her around 400 EUR each month. That make my hobby flightsimming look pretty cheap :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

My advantage: my wife has a Horse costing her around 400 EUR each month. That make my hobby flightsimming look pretty cheap :biggrin:

That's good for you :-)

My wife just rolls her eyes when I show her something new and tell her why I NEED this new scenery and this new plane and the new joystick - oh and with the joystick I need the peddals.... etc.

:)

A man needs a hobby. My second hobby is my car - and this hobby is WAY more expensive - and therefore even more underappreciated by the wife :-(

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, swiesma said:

That's good for you :-)

My wife just rolls her eyes when I show her something new and tell her why I NEED this new scenery and this new plane and the new joystick - oh and with the joystick I need the peddals.... etc.

:)

A man needs a hobby. My second hobby is my car - and this hobby is WAY more expensive - and therefore even more underappreciated by the wife :-(

It would be a novel and hilarious post if one of our fellow female simmy friends said the same thing about their husbands.  Some guys just don't get the flightsim thing - or plane thing, either.:cool:

• Upvote 1

Blurry photoscenery textures MATTER in VR.  They'll be working on it if they care about immersion.  V4 has a pretty promising look in VR already though.

3 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

And I bet you fire up that sim the minute shes off Down the stables 

14ppkc-6.png

And if youre like me. I bet the only time your missus rings your phone is when you're on a 5 mile final with the gear Down... I reckon women do have a 6th sense it's called gear Down sense in my house..

"Hi honey. What you up to?  Busy"

"no no, just pottering around the house"

Unpresses pause...

14ppkc-6.png