Sign in to follow this  
chass32

Prepar3d V4.1 and VR

"We’ve got some big updates to VR coming in 4.1, so stay tuned."

"we have a strong team focus on immersive technology and virtual reality"

"We believe the future of VR is bright, especially in the training and simulation space. We are excited to see where things go from here. One of our primary goals has always been providing the most immersive training experience possible. VR takes immersion to the next level"

"Flight simulations are definitely an ideal situation for VR and Prepar3D is focused on being the best flight simulation VR platform available"

Will be released October 10th

that´s what the prepar3d team said in their AMA on reddit today.

The future of VR in Flight simulation is bright...just in case someone has any doubts.

Can`t wait.

Hope we get  ATC windows inside VR.

cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Bump!

Still downloading 4.1 hoping for better performance in VR Stereo Mode

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

10 minutes ago, LuisClement said:

Does anyone know how to make it work now after 4.1, chang to the VR view and nothing happens anymore...

No idea...still downloading.....notes said something about having the option in startup window menu

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

You can just download the client.msi much less... but now it does not start the oculus home as before and even when you sect in p3d it changes to the view but not in the hdm...

Much better, seems clearer and brighter than before. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 minute ago, warbirds said:

Well mine does not start on the hmd, did you do anything special? Oculus or Vive? Thanks

Rift, love the new drop down box to reset view and other things. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

3 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Performance in stereo mode actually playable now?????

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

3 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Rift, love the new drop down box to reset view and other things. 

Would you mind saying what you did to get it to work? Thanks

Just had a buddy over and flew the Alabeo Waco in VR for two hours.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Just now, LuisClement said:

Would you mind saying what you did to get it to work? Thanks

Not sure what you mean? I just went into the sim and set up a flight and when in the cockpit I used the new VR drop down box to select VR flight. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

5 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Not sure what you mean? I just went into the sim and set up a flight and when in the cockpit I used the new VR drop down box to select VR flight. 

Well seems my update has not worked I have no new drop down menu on my bar... just the same as before when I right click on the view...

To update I uninstalled the content and the client and then downloaded the full download and only installed the new content and client. When I go into v4.1 I have a drop down box up at top, along with the normal Options and addons. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 minute ago, warbirds said:

To update I uninstalled the content and the client and then downloaded the full download and only installed the new content and client. When I go into v4.1 I have a drop down box up at top, along with the normal Options and addons. 

Thank for your reply, I did pnly the client as it was suggested and I got verison 4.1 but no new option drop menu on the top, only the ones from before... will do the content as you did than and try again :-...