Sign in to follow this  
chass32

Prepar3d V4.1 and VR

I would say that vr is more stable in the new version, in that there is much less shuddering blackness if you turn your head rapidly side to side, but you can still tell that fps is low enough that the sim is struggling to supply enough FPS, and that asynchronous timewarp is doing its utmost to try and save the situation.

I do like the new dropdown, and very much appreciate the reset view option being so readily available now.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

9 minutes ago, LuisClement said:

Well seems my update has not worked I have no new drop down menu on my bar... just the same as before when I right click on the view...

You need to do a full uninstall of v4 and install 4.1 just to be safe.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I would say that vr is more stable in the new version, in that there is much less shuddering blackness if you turn your head rapidly side to side, but you can still tell that fps is low enough that the sim is struggling to supply enough FPS, and that asynchronous timewarp is doing its utmost to try and save the situation.

I do like the new dropdown, and very much appreciate the reset view option being so readily available now.

Would you say that Flyinside and P3D V3.0 stereo mode is still the much more playable option????

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Just now, blueshark747 said:

Would you say that Flyinside and P3D V3.0 stereo mode is still more playable????

YES!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Something isn't right. I've downloaded a fresh p3d4.1 with never having 4.0 installed and on a fresh windows 10 install and no drop down for vr. Im wondering if the oculus update i got yesterday has anything to do with it? 

Just now, HiFlyer said:

YES!

Darnnnit!!!!

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

8 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Darnnnit!!!!

For one, native vr simply isn't fast enough. If you've ever played a sim that is fast enough, the lag of P3D smacks you in the face like a cold, dead fish. Flyinside is a must.

Secondly, Unless you feel like messing with the Oculus tool to get some supersampling going on, native vr is simply too blurry, and there is no way you are going to read the instruments comfortably unless you lean forwards until you are pretty much rubbing noses with the dashboard.

Did I mention Flyinside is a must?

Third, native vr has artifacts. Little glittery points..... Powerlines sparkle...... stuff happens. This does not happen (as much) with Flyinside.

Devons rig

Just now, HiFlyer said:

For one, native vr simply isn't fast enough. If you've ever played a sim that is fast enough, the lag of P3d smacks you in the face like a cold, dead fish. Flyinside is a must.

Secondly, Unless you feel like messing with the oculus tool to get some supersampling going on, native vr is simply blurry and there is no way you are going to read the instruments comfortably unless you lean forwards until you are pretty much rubbing noses with the dashboard.

Did I mention Flyinside is a must?

I have Flyinside but does it work for v4???

I bought V4 not knowing V3 works better with Flyinside and VR

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

5 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Darnnnit!!!!

Sigh. Our hope will be Flyinside for p3d v4.

I have Flyinside but does it work for v4???

I bought V4 not knowing V3 works better with Flyinside and VR

Flyinside is scheduled to be released for v4

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

18 minutes ago, cobrakev1526 said:

Something isn't right. I've downloaded a fresh p3d4.1 with never having 4.0 installed and on a fresh windows 10 install and no drop down for vr. Im wondering if the oculus update i got yesterday has anything to do with it? 

Same here but was running v4.0 before and it worked, now after updating no vr.... no drop down menu... dissapointing. Back to Aerofly FS2 nothing like it yet for VR...

12 minutes ago, LuisClement said:

Same here but was running v4.0 before and it worked, now after updating no vr.... no drop down menu... dissapointing. Back to Aerofly FS2 nothing like it yet for VR...

Doubtless there are tons of reasons I know nothing about why LM doesn't just buy a license for Flyinside and integrate it natively.....

But it's a nice fantasy to think about.......

Devons rig

Ive started a new topic over at LM forums in regard to not getting VR to work and we shall see what happens...

Like I said I've had a fresh system without 4.0 installed. fresh windows 10 fresh P3D4.1 full install Completely vanilla except for FSUIPC

• Upvote 1

Just hopped in 4.1 quick flight without touching any settings and loaded up Virtual Cockpit I noticed a hella improvement in stereo mode as far as FPS.

It is now playable for me!

Not sure what settings your are running @HiFlyer

But I am indeed getting better FPS with 4.1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Not sure what settings your are running @HiFlyer

When just starting out with a new version..... I turned all settings to default.

Devons rig