Sign in to follow this  
chass32

Prepar3d V4.1 and VR

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

When just starting out with a new version..... I turned all settings to default.

Im about to jack some settings up and stress it

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 minute ago, blueshark747 said:

Im about to jack some settings up and stress it

It also could be location. I tend to fly in heavily built up areas, and over major airports, even though I can get better frames by flying over forests (and stuff)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, LuisClement said:

Well seems my update has not worked I have no new drop down menu on my bar... just the same as before when I right click on the view...

Same here. I updated and double checked to see that I was flying 4.1. Everything worked smoothly except that I now cannot use VR at all in the sim. It doesn't work AT ALL, and I've seen a lot of other people experiencing this same problem.

• Upvote 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 hour ago, LuisClement said:

Does anyone know how to make it work now after 4.1, chang to the VR view and nothing happens anymore...

Same here. Now, VR doesn't work at all.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

It also could be location. I tend to fly in heavily built up areas, and over major airports, even though I can get better frames by flying over forests (and stuff)

Nope tryed it again....any hint of autogen will cause performance loss....I was running with no Autogen on that's why.

Still horrible performance as 4.0

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Just made my first VR flight in 4.1 from 4.0.  VR flight is smoother on my system.  Activating VR was easy from the menu bar at the top of the screen.  Very nice having VR view in the spot view categories.  Nice change to the VR mouse pointer +.  The VR mouse pointer is now a dot and is a single image.  The dot brightens when position it over a click spot, making it very easy to use.  Overall, I am very happy with the update.  

Danny

• Upvote 1

Danny

For many of us, we've not seeing the VR tab at the top of the screen, even though we're definitely running 4.1. I'm sure this will be solved soon. Thus far, there seems to be no common denominator among those suffering this bug.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, DannyR said:

Just made my first VR flight in 4.1 from 4.0.  VR flight is smoother on my system.  Activating VR was easy from the menu bar at the top of the screen.  Very nice having VR view in the spot view categories.  Nice change to the VR mouse pointer +.  The VR mouse pointer is now a dot and is a single image.  The dot brightens when position it over a click spot, making it very easy to use.  Overall, I am very happy with the update.  

Danny

Hardware and autogen settings???

Like I said I can run it smooth without autogen...once i move sliders Stereo mode goes to the crapper

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

2 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

For some reason, many VR users who have upgraded to v4.1 are not seeing the VR tab. There are multiple reports and threads about this bug on the LM forum.

Hello all, just solved mine somehow, downloaded latest nVidia drivers, installed, rebooted without rifit on, reconnected rift, ran p3d and the menu is there and working!?!?!
Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Love the easy implementation of VR on the menu bar. Seamlessly can go in and out. Great now you can use any camera for VR. I kidnapped my avatar by taking over his body and now doing a walkaround the aircraft is fantastic. Just did it for PMDGs 747 and it's as real as it gets. 

Also upgraded to VR with client install and worked without a problem.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Just now, Lenny777 said:

I kidnapped my avatar by taking over his body... 

Too funny!   lol

• Upvote 1

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

I just updated by NVidia 1070 driver and that solved the problem. The VR menu suddenly appeared and all is working well.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Hardware and autogen settings???

Like I said I can run it smooth without autogen...once i move sliders Stereo mode goes to the crapper

I use an I5 2500k at 4.5 ghz with a 980TI card.  My setting are very dense or dense.  Most places are very smooth.  The most troublesome is KSEA which is flyable but does studder.

Danny

Danny