Sign in to follow this  
ninerwhiskey9W

P3D v4 CTD on Launch

Hello

Up until yesterday, I had no problems running p3d on my PC. Yesterday, when I launched it yesterday, I found that my joystick calibration was wrong, so when I was recalibrating the joystick, P3D crashed.

Since then, it is always crashing after launch. The Splash screen comes on and after a few seconds, it crashes before the scenario menu comes on. Here is the log from the Event Viewer :

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.15063.413, time stamp: 0x5ba8b66e
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0000000000072208
Faulting process id: 0x2d68
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3376bde1746ac
Faulting application path: C:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 5fbd3a9b-d362-43a3-8389-f7c8b341fa89
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any help is appreciated.

I'd love to know what to do as well.  My only workaround is to restart my system.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I get it 100% of the time if I am running the Phenom 300 at KDCA (DD Washington X) in P3DV4.  I'll be loading a flight plan into the G1000, be messing around with removing or adding waypoints (or just delete a waypoint), and crash with a ucrtbase.dll CTD.  It has been reported to Carenado by several members and Carenado says it is the fault of P3DV4, LM is well aware of the issue and knows how to fix it and a fix will be released in P3DV4.1 (we now know this release is on 10 October 2017 at 3 PM EST).  I think the Carenado General Forum as the topic where someone got a response from Carenado with this information.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I'd love to know what to do as well.  My only workaround is to restart my system.

Restarting it does nothing to solve it in my case.

48 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I get it 100% of the time if I am running the Phenom 300 at KDCA (DD Washington X) in P3DV4.  I'll be loading a flight plan into the G1000, be messing around with removing or adding waypoints (or just delete a waypoint), and crash with a ucrtbase.dll CTD.  It has been reported to Carenado by several members and Carenado says it is the fault of P3DV4, LM is well aware of the issue and knows how to fix it and a fix will be released in P3DV4.1 (we now know this release is on 10 October 2017 at 3 PM EST).  I think the Carenado General Forum as the topic where someone got a response from Carenado with this information.

I dont have any carenado planes other than the Default A36 installed. So, only option is to wait till they release the update ?

2 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

I dont have any carenado planes other than the Default A36 installed. So, only option is to wait till they release the update ?

There are other issues.  I have been researching this error for some time as it is new and found the ucrtbase.dll is fairly new but associated with Microsoft's Visual Studio packages.  These packages are used by developers to make sure their product is installed in P3D as intended by the developer.  The dll replaced the MSVCRXX.dll modules that use to be part of Microsoft Visual Studio packages (see page 32, AVSIM CTD Guide) (heard Microsoft thought the MSVCRXX modules were confusing everyone when they showed up as a crash so they replaced them with the ucrtbase.dll).  You should follow the suggestions for the MSVCR errors as shown in the guide.  I have a feeling you got rid of the 32 bit versions of your Microsoft Visuals as you think you are working only with a 64 bit OS and a 64 bit application called P3DV4.  The addons use the 32-bit Visuals as their respective modules have not been updated.  32-bit modules can work in a 64-bit environment if properly installed.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 9/27/2017 at 9:04 PM, Jim Young said:

There are other issues.  I have been researching this error for some time as it is new and found the ucrtbase.dll is fairly new but associated with Microsoft's Visual Studio packages.  These packages are used by developers to make sure their product is installed in P3D as intended by the developer.  The dll replaced the MSVCRXX.dll modules that use to be part of Microsoft Visual Studio packages (see page 32, AVSIM CTD Guide) (heard Microsoft thought the MSVCRXX modules were confusing everyone when they showed up as a crash so they replaced them with the ucrtbase.dll).  You should follow the suggestions for the MSVCR errors as shown in the guide.  I have a feeling you got rid of the 32 bit versions of your Microsoft Visuals as you think you are working only with a 64 bit OS and a 64 bit application called P3DV4.  The addons use the 32-bit Visuals as their respective modules have not been updated.  32-bit modules can work in a 64-bit environment if properly installed.

Thanks for the help. I havent uninstalled any Visual Studio packages as far as I can recall, but I shall go through the CTD guide again and see if I can fix it.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

That's not the cause of the crash, this can be dropped due to crashes of many types. What may fix one system does not fix another because it's not the same crash.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Hello

Up until yesterday, I had no problems running p3d on my PC. Yesterday, when I launched it yesterday, I found that my joystick calibration was wrong, so when I was recalibrating the joystick, P3D crashed.

What interests me is what happened to your PC, what changes were made or updates/software installed between working one day and not the next.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

37 minutes ago, SteveW said:

What interests me is what happened to your PC, what changes were made or updates/software installed between working one day and not the next.

I dont recall manually updating any softwares. 

AND VOILA ! After 2 days of refusing to start, I just lauching it now, and it seems to be working okay. 

OK See how it goes. Maybe you were getting updates and sometimes it takes a few sessions to complete and can create weird behaviour in between.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com