Sign in to follow this  
funflyed

Reality XP GNS 530 and/or GNS work with Desktop Aviators 2670 panel in X-Plane 11

I have been using the Desktop Aviators 2670 panel with the native GPS in X-plane 11 and it is a great add on external module. It has knobs and buttons outside the sim that feel more natural than using the keyboard and/or mouse. They were not sure that the their panel would work with Reality XP GNS units.

I can confidently communicate that it “does” work….. It works with either the Reality GNS530 and/or the GNS430. Thanks to Reality XP they have included a command "Use Simulator GPS commands" that allows this to work.

A. You  program the buttons iand knobs of the Desktop Aviator 2670 panel to x-plane GNS430 commands.

B. In each airplane activate RealtiyXP GNS setup checking the  "Use Simulator GPS commands" for the GNS?30 that you have,  

C. The buttons and knobs on the 2670 panel now work as expected for the X-Plane native GNS units but now set and work the Reality XP GNS unit.

D. The 2670 panel has a button the pops the native GNS unit out of the panel and that is the only button the doesn’t work with the RealityXP units. It of course pops out the native X-Plane GNS unit.

E. Of course like any plug in the user would have to select the Reality XP GNS unit and set up the "Use Simulator GPS commands" once for each aircraft. With that done the airplane remembers the setting and will have it set the next time it is used.

Good Siming

Funflyed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you for the detailed reports and for sharing this information with other customers!

It might also interest our Fltsim customers because I can see this device works with P3D now, and our Fltsim version also offers the similar "Use Simulator GPS commands" option!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I agree although I haven't tested it with Flight sim and P3D v4. I would believe it should work there just as well. I'm looking forward to the GTN650/750 for P3D v4.

I have the Reality XP GTN750 for X-Plane 11 as well and also love that product. Y'all are doing a great job. The GNS430/530 are simply the Best I've used..  

One other item the .fpl flight plan convention is Awesome.. it allows you to simply download a flight plan from Skyvector and import it into the Reality GNS530/430. That is a super time saver. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, funflyed said:

One other item the .fpl flight plan convention is Awesome.. it allows you to simply download a flight plan from Skyvector and import it into the Reality GNS530/430. That is a super time saver. 

Thank you for your warm and kind words! We're trying harder every day.

I can't help but feel ashamed we've not even mentioned this unique feature (importing flight plans) in our press-release... :blush:

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Good to see this thread! I just installed Desktop Aviator's Model 2670 literally minutes ago to control the fantastic RXP GNS530 v2 panel.

First of all, Model 2670 is priced well and works well!  Although it simulates Garmin GNS430, the only button Garmin 530 has that 430 doesn't is VNAV, so you can use it to control GNS530 as expected except for that button, which I don't use anyway.  If you use VNAV, you can still assign the POPUP button for that function.

Here is the problem I hope Reality XP can solve: Desktop Aviator's Model 2670's CLR button works correctly (X-Plane 11 knows when it's pressed, held, and released - as evidenced when using the button in the settings menu), however the RXP GNS530 v2 panel doesn't respond as expected (will respond when pressed, but doesn't know it's held).

In other words, I can't hold the CLR button to go back to Default Nav.

This is a very frequently used function for me...I hope Jean-Luc can look into it and fix it!

(The COM flip button, when held, should give you 121.5 emergency frequency.  I haven't tried, but I assume it has the same problem...maybe this is an X-Plane problem?)

Also, the following buttons can be named better in the settings:

1. The COM/VLOC rotator knob is named "Rotate outer/inner DTO."  Should be "Rotate outer/inner C/V?"

2. "Press Knob: COM" would be better named "Press Knob: C/V"

Thank you for listening!

Hi Aviator1213,

Thank you for the heads up on the settings names, too bad we haven't noticed prior releasing v2.3.5, but it will be in the next update. This is a typical case of copy/paste gone wrong!

As for the commands, there is a limitation between X-Plane and our Plugin about handling the equivalent of PRESS and RELEASE for X-Plane commands. We will certainly try addressing this in the future, but IIRC, there was a strong limitation in distinguishing or being notified (at the plugin level) about these. Thank you for the reminder to look at this!

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc,

Update:

I purchased the Reality XP GNS430 - 530 for P3D v4 and have used it with the sim. I can report that it works nearly as well as the X-Plane version as well. There are a couple of differences and issues that I observed but none of them have to do with your Excellent products.

I set the controls in the 2670 to the Reality XP GNS using FSUIPC and the main issue, which I haven't solved yet, is how to switch the CDI in the sim Reality GPS. There doesn't seem to be a setting in FSUIPC that reliably does that. Not a huge issue as I can use the mouse to flip it but all in all another success. Please feel free to spread this info with FSX/P3D user that are using the Reality XP units.

Thanks

Funflyed

• Upvote 1

I am trying to use RXP GNS430 v1 on FSX with SPAD.neXt.  Don't know if this is possible; First time using SPAD.neXt (trial).

I set Button 9 to run Event (Button pressed for a short time) + Action (Send GPS_ZOOMIN_BUTTON-Event (parameter value 0 or 1), but nothing happens.

Perhaps the action is to control default GPS, which doesn't show up because it's replaced by RXP GNS430 v1.

Any pointers?  I am a novice at SPAD.neXt.

5 hours ago, aviator1213 said:

RXP GNS430 v1 on FSX

Do you mean RXP GNS V2?

Have you enabled the "Use GPS Commands" setting?

There is no equivalent in the legacy GNS (only keyboard shortcuts).

Otherwise, in the GNS V2Settings Panel | Gauge Options | Advanced

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Jean-Luc!  I was able to map all the Desktop Aviator Model 2670B buttons and knobs to keyboard shortcuts (set up in RXPGNS.INI) using FSUIPC4.  (Couldn't figure out how SPAD.neXt works, so I uninstalled it.)

Even CLR and ComFlip buttons work correctly when held!

Initially some Model 2670B buttons seem to conflict with Saitek Cessna Yoke and Quadrant buttons, e.g. C/V inner knob was controlling the same functions as Quadrant's T3+T4 buttons. After deleting those Saitek button assignments (for all devices) in FSX settings, everything is working just like a real Garmin GNS 430!  Now I can build muscle memory and fully master the GPS...

Very happy :gaul:

• Upvote 1