Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

CTD With A Lot Of Sceneries Installed

Hello everyone,

I have a rather weird problem with two Carenado aircraft.

The Bonanza A36 delivered with P3D V4 and the CJ2 both make P3D crash - but only if more than 310 scenery layers (count according to P3D scenery library) are installed. Imagine the fun trying to find that mistake...

Sometimes there is a Windows error message pointing to atc.dll, less often ai_player.dll.

It doesn't matter which scenery is installed last. It happens with freeware sceneries, it happens with Aerosoft's Aspen Extended (fully V4 compatible) - as soon as the count rises over 310, I can't choose one of the two planes mentioned above.

It does not happen with other aircraft, e.g. the DA42 from Alabeo.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards,

Dimitrios

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I seriously doubt there is a problem with 310 scenery layers causing crashes!  That was just one common factor.  However, the number of sceneries installed in any sim enhances the chances for a crash especially in P3DV4 as most sceneries are not fully compatible with P3DV4. So, if you have any scenery (i.e., just one) that does not state it is compatible with P3DV4, then that's the issue.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides solutions for the atc and ai_player errors.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

sorry for not updating this, but the problem no longer exists. After a number of CTDs after adding the 310th scenery - and like I said, it didn't matter which scenery that was - I just pushed through and kept adding and adding more sceneries. And guess what: I'm at almost 370 now, and the problem vanished. But I still don't have the faintest idea as to what that was...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else