Sign in to follow this  
floydcox

Black Screen Again

Hi, flying round for the last couple of weeks the 750 has been working fine, yesterday fine today back to black screens, any thoughts.

Hi, the first thing I'll check is your anti-virus, if there has been any update that would have quarantined any of our files (file names starting with "rxp")

Then, I'll get a look at the log files which are listed on the last page of the User's Manual to check if there is any meaningful content.

Last but not least, you might want to let the trainer boot up for a few seconds after cycling power. Usually it takes about 3-5 secs between power up and boot page display (the one with the Garmin logo), but sometimes, depending on the load on your computer, it could take up to 15 secs.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi, no files in quarantine, log files are empty of errors, opened xplane 11 and left running at airport ramp for 5 mins still black screen. Would reinstalling helkp?

Hi,

Since there are no errors in the log files nor in the anti-virus, reinstalling wouldn't change much.

Is there anything in the anti-virus logs though?

What about rebooting the computer and compare?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Have you changed anything lately in X-Plane? a new plugin? a different setting? a new aircraft?

Not that I can think of,just switched off static planes in the xplane settings menu. I may reinstall xplane overnight and reinstall the 750 with no other plugins loaded and see what happens. I am away on holiday Friday so may not be able to let you know what the result is for a week or so.

Ok, thank you for your patience. I'm certain there might be something peripheral to the GTN to cause this for now, especially with the latest update which makes sure everything is perfectly synced between X-Plane and the Trainer (unless there is a yet to discover bug, which might be), otherwise it would also print additional info to the RXP log files.

One thing to possibly try as well is to lower your X-Plane graphics settings (the slider which tells how much video ram you are consuming) and see if this helps (this might require restarting X-Plane), because the GTN is also using the video card and under tight memory conditions, I'm not certain of the outcome for the GTN, as this would depend a lot on the video card driver.

One more thing you might try, that Jean-Luc told me, is to lower the screen brightness slider down to about 80 or 90%.

@Howiefly Good point: although the latest 2.4.7 is supposed to solve this potential bug, another bug might remain.

Quick update, reinstalled xp 11 from scratch, put gtn plugin into plugin folder, started xp and it worked. Put back several plugins and it went black again. Will reload plugins one by one and try to find out what is causing the problem.

Got the GTN working at end of September, loaded x plane 11 last night and greeted by black screen. It has worked fine for 2 weeks then just stopped again. Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks 

Me too, I had the same thing.  What I did was to reinstall the GTN750 and restart my PC and it now seams to be working again just fine.

I'm getting the same, it was working great. Though I haven't used it in about a week or so, today I went to turn it on, nothing but black screen.

Tried turning on and off a few times and nothing. Tried turning the avionics power on and of a few times, still nothing,

Only 1 line in the rxpGTN.xpl.log file

17/10/12 23:37:34.940 13176 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.7.0

And in the rxpGtnSim.dll.log file

17/10/12 23:37:37.366 13176 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.7.0

I reinstalled the 750/650 software and still nothing.

The one new plugin that I had I removed, but still just a black screen on both the 750 and 650.

I tested out the garmin trainer software and that seems to be working ok.