Sign in to follow this  
nealmac

Aviasoft EFB

I was thinking of getting this, but I don't know if it would be wasted on me. I use PFPX for flight planning, ASP4 for weather and Pro ATC X for ATC. The main things that are drawing me to EFB are the up to date charts and the interactive airport layouts. Pro ATC X has an interactive airport layout but it's fairly limited, and the taxiways can be very inaccurate. Also, does the one-off payment for EFB cover me as far as charts go? I mean will I able to view charts for all eternity without having to pay again?

I suppose I'm looking for someone to convince me that it's worth buying, even though I have all the above applications. At 55 notes it's not cheap.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Hi Neal,

Note that the 'charts' and airport layouts within Aivlasoft EFB are not 'real' charts, but programmatically generated based on the sceneries you have installed. Plan-G and my own SimLauncherX do the same thing to generate map navigation symbols.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

14 minutes ago, nealmac said:

I was thinking of getting this, but I don't know if it would be wasted on me. I use PFPX for flight planning, ASP4 for weather and Pro ATC X for ATC. The main things that are drawing me to EFB are the up to date charts and the interactive airport layouts. Pro ATC X has an interactive airport layout but it's fairly limited, and the taxiways can be very inaccurate. Also, does the one-off payment for EFB cover me as far as charts go? I mean will I able to view charts for all eternity without having to pay again?

I suppose I'm looking for someone to convince me that it's worth buying, even though I have all the above applications. At 55 notes it's not cheap.

Just try the demo. Its full functional for 30 days I think.

And its not 'real' charts. its generated from the sim source and Navigraph data.

Cheers guys.

So I would either have to have a navigraph subscription or a NavDataPro Chart subscription in order to view charts?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Hi Neal,

AivlaSoft EFB needs Navigraph or NavDataPo, 1 cycle is included. If you're only interested in charts, there are free alternatives that do the same (Plan-G, Little Navmap or my own SimLauncherX). You could also have a look at Navigraph's charts app.

Maarten

no "real" charts is true ... but we are also no real pilots ;)

Here you have the EFB chart from LOWI

8UH2g6v.png

What the advantage of Aivlasofts EFB is, that you have the charts based on your simulators data!

So, on the other side, you have probably navigraph real charts, but the ground layout of your scenery is outdated maybe. Aivlasofts EFB shows exactly what you have as scenery.

And you have no monthly or yearly subscription: you buy it once.

Of course, if you need allways up to date AIRACs, you have to subscribe to Navigraph or Aerosoft Navdata.

But you could also buy one cycle to get all your addons at the same AIRAC state.

Included in Aivlasofts EFB are some more features as moving map (swithcing between diffferent charts automatically), showing traffic, COM frequencies switching from inside the app, flight state (like T/D, fuel etc) shown ...

But best thing, yes, try it yourself with the demo.

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last feature I use from EFB is the SID/STAR selecting. I like the UI when it comes to selecting a STAR/TRANS and see it drawn on the map. I makes it easier to enterit in the FMC. But then, now with ProAtc/x, the STAR is selected for me. In my case, I had purchased EFB prior to getting ProAtc/x. I guess I would not if I had ProATC/x. 

Now I ProAtc/x could save in mid-flight with Prepar3dV4....

Vincent Rouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

7 minutes ago, guenseli said:

...What the advantage of Aivlasofts EFB is, that you have the charts based on your simulators data!

The free alternatives I mentioned above have their charts based on the simulator data as well. 

Maarten

1 minute ago, vincentrouleau said:

The last feature I use from EFB is the SID/STAR selecting.

EFB is not a flightplanner, it is for showing you the SID and STAR.

I use it also with PFPX and PRO ATC. Once, the both have done their work (PFPX compute the route, PRO ATC X give the clearance with SID and STAR) I have then shown my chart data (with SID and STAR) in Aivlasoft EFB

Guenter Steiner

4 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

The last feature I use from EFB is the SID/STAR selecting.

You can select and display SIDs and STARS with my SimLauncherX application as well.

Maarten

1 minute ago, mawibo said:

The free alternatives I mentioned above have their chars based on the simulator data as well.

I know. I haven't said anything else.

Just wanted to give an example how Aivalsofts charts look like, what (in my opinion) is the closest you can get to real charts.

Guenter Steiner

8 minutes ago, guenseli said:

EFB is not a flightplanner, it is for showing you the SID and STAR.

I use it also with PFPX and PRO ATC. Once, the both have done their work (PFPX compute the route, PRO ATC X give the clearance with SID and STAR) I have then shown my chart data (with SID and STAR) in Aivlasoft EFB

Do you have PFPX auto generate your route?

PFPX assigns me a runway, SID and STAR when i do the route planning.

Yes, PFPX autogenerates my route.

The trick is, that you "unchoose" (better word?) the runways PFPX has then already assigned.

Go through all your steps, simply get rid of the assigned runways and then let PFPX compute the flight.

Then you have no assigned SIDs and STARs (and could export it to Aivlasoft EFB and copy it to Pro ATC X)

Guenter Steiner