Sign in to follow this  
nealmac

Aviasoft EFB

Yes, but gets a bit of topic now ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just now, guenseli said:

Yes, but gets a bit of topic now ...

Not really.  Unless I choose a runway in PFPX it won't transfer to TOPCAT for calculations. 

I use EFB to choose the best runways for take off and landing.

I wish there was one app that would do all of this. Having to launch so many side apps alongside the main flight sim is such a pain, and breaks up the workflow. Would be nice if someone can combine the flight planning features of PFPX with the ATC of PATCX and the charts/moving map from Aivlasoft EFB, that would be a wonderful and all in one solution. Better yet make it a plugin that can be called upon from within P3D like FSTramp.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

Here you have the EFB chart from LOWI

8UH2g6v.png

Here you have the SimLauncherX chart from LOWI:

SimLauncherX-324eed61.jpg

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

I like this soft a lot,

Only the scan of the scenery.cfg, scenery and airacs inside your sim must be done by the soft.

Because the maps are done with de datas included in your sim, all the Sid and Star are there when flying, no more surprise with missing points or procedures...

To make a choice of sid or star when you receive by atis runways informations, (always on last minutes),... this is the best and more easy to use soft to change rapidely radios and approachs.

What others softs don't offer is a map horizontal and vertical of the final approach (near the visualisation of official documentation)... Is perfect !

All informations needed in flight are clean, with a direct access. Windows organsation step by step airport/departure/en route/approach/airport is the best idea of this soft.

A method who work well with included informations of your sim:

A) first making a .pln with little nav (who scan your sim too). Don't, at this point, insert sid or star, so the pln is good for every days.

B) import your pln in EFB, program your fms, listen atis and make the visualitation of the sid on EFB and input your choice in the fms. Read the metars of destination airport and make a pre-choice of the star, insert it in the fms... Without activation of this part of flight.

C) Drive the aircraft on taxis with the visualisation of your aircraft on the plan of the airport, in the first window.

D) fly your route to destination on following windows...

E) Ajust comm on the atis of destination and if the runway recommanded is not your first deduction, you are armed to make quickly a other choice on the approach window. After activation on the fms of desired star, follow this step of the flight.

F) on final approach take the window with horizontal and vertical map... And compare your speed with the vs needed for a perfect kiss landing.

E) follow your taxis on the airport map. On gate is time for debriefing ;-)

I am interested in using Aivlasoft EFB again as a part of my workflow also. I already have to load the following 3rd party apps before starting my sim:

1. Active Sky Next P3D4
  2. ASCA
  3. ChasePlane
  4. PFPX
  5. Pro-ATCX
  6. FSWidgets Network Tool (For my moving map)
  7. Remote CDU
  8. AivalSoft EFB (If I decide to use it again)

Thats a total of 8 apps. Not sure about you guys, but I feel like that's a bit too much. I wish there was a simpler solution.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

EFB is pretty good, but you might also want to take a look at FS Flight Control too, since it works with XPlane, FSX, FSX-SE, P3D and FSW and does pretty much the same thing as EFB and a lot more besides, and it is a bit less of a PITA to set up than EFB. It can work on a tablet too. It has a free two week trial if you want to check it out and see if it suits you. It's certainly a lot of bang for your bucks.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I used to use it religiously... but now with moving map and the plane overlayed on the Navigraph charts - that might be enough for me.

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

6 hours ago, mawibo said:

but programmatically generated based on the sceneries you have installed.

For ground charts, right?  The depature, enroute, arrival and approach charts are all based on Navigraph or NavDataPro data.

6 hours ago, nealmac said:

The main things that are drawing me to EFB are the up to date charts and the interactive airport layouts.

I've used the Aivilasoft EFB on every flight for the past three years or so, and would't want to fly without it!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

14 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

For ground charts, right?  The depature, enroute, arrival and approach charts are all based on Navigraph or NavDataPro data

Yes, based on Navigraph/NavDataPro data. The 'charts' are still programmatically generated, just as I do with SimLauncherX.

Maarten

• Upvote 1

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

23 minutes ago, mawibo said:

Yes, based on Navigraph/NavDataPro data. The 'charts' are still programmatically generated, just as I do with SimLauncherX.

Maarten

I'm not taking sides but it's fair to say I feel slightly more comfortable with SLX implementation of the chart and the elevation detail. Well done Maarten.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hmm, opinions are divided...I'm pondering this too.

spacer.png

I have EFB and Navigraph charts.  I like the "moving maps" of EFB over Navi and also the way it handles the coms.  If Navi would work the same as EFB then the answer would be simple for me. Id go with Navigraph hands down.  I also like seeing the traffic from either Vatsim of UTL in EFB

So with Aivlasoft EFB, I wouldn't have to rely on actual charts for IFR flying, it'll dynamically create them on the fly for me based on my flightplan?

• Upvote 1