Sign in to follow this  

172P G1000 - WebSimXML.DLL triggers CTD in P3D V4

If anyone is having issues with this aircraft in P3D V4 ... as in a CTD, edit your DLL.XML files  and  disable WebSimXML.dll ... example:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon> 

This entry gets added when installing the Carenado C172P.  When I can make some time I'll register a formal support ticket, but for now this work around allows me to fly the aircraft with nice G1000s.

In addition (but unrelated to CTD) you make find duplicate entries in both DLL.XML for the following:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Remove the duplicates from one of the DDL.XML files.

Cheers, Rob.

6 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

If anyone is having issues with this aircraft in P3D V4 ... as in a CTD, edit your DLL.XML files  and  disable WebSimXML.dll ... example:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon> 

This entry gets added when installing the Carenado C172P.  When I can make some time I'll register a formal support ticket, but for now this work around allows me to fly the aircraft with nice G1000s.

In addition (but unrelated to CTD) you make find duplicate entries in both DLL.XML for the following:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Remove the duplicates from one of the DDL.XML files.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing.

Mini-review please.

How does it perform with regards to FD?

How realistic is the G1000?

How are the fps? I have a gtx 970. I'm waiting for the 1070TI to be released.

It looks good, but does it behave and sound like the A2A model?

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm not having the ctd issue in v4, but thanks for the heads up on the duplicate entries.

As far as a mini review, I've only put about an hour on the hobbs so far, but for what it is, it's fine.  It does look good, and the synthetic vision is a neat addition although there is no documentation in regards to the "included subscription" or anything about cost beyond the "subscription".

This is not an A2A airplane, and cannot be expected to realistically compare.  I'm still digging into the G1000 to see if there are any significant improvements in regards to procedures and such.  If you like Carenado products, then this will not disappoint.  The sounds are pretty good, the textures are the usual eye candy from Carenado, and the documentation is the usual pdf files included.  I see no real hit on frames using a gtx970 and the synthetic vision, although I have not tried complex airports nor extreme topography yet.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ksheadley said:

The sounds are pretty good, 

Really? IMO they are rather bad this time. The engine sounds more like a Rotax engine and there are noticable annoying oscillations in the engine sound loop.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

How are the fps? I have a gtx 970. I'm waiting for the 1070TI to be released.

It looks good, but does it behave and sound like the A2A model?

FPS are good, very good.  G1000s look good except the banding issue reported before.  

Doesn't behave or sound like A2A 172, but also doesn't cost $80 ... it costs $35, can't really compare price points.

Didn't notice any issues with sound.

I haven't flown it enough to formulate a review, I want to get the WebSimConnect functionality working as that has lots of potential in P3D (working with the Dev on finding resolution).

Cheers, Rob.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

How does it perform with regards to FD?

From an FSX oldtimer at SOH:   its really nice :-) flys great too handles like the Xplane 11 cessna 172sp flys like a dream.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J35OE said:

Really? IMO they are rather bad this time. The engine sounds more like a Rotax engine and there are noticable annoying oscillations in the engine sound loop.

I'm not hearing any issues with the sound, and I also have not had the websimconnect issues that Rob is experiencing.  You're individual mileage may vary. Just my observations from my install.  I'm sure I will find more as I dig further.

Quick update, I did some more diagnostics last night and narrowed "my" issues down to two possible conflicting DLLs

XMLTools64.DLL (I think this is deployed with Milviz aircraft)

iFlyxxx.DLLs  (747 and 737)

Disabling these two DLL has allowed me to run WebSimXML.dll.

Cheers, Rob.

Got SVS working, configured SVS to very high ... well worth the $35 for this ... plus a working weather radar - bargain.

Quick RAW video of SVS in action.

This is with very high graphics seting and DL enbled at FSDG airport with DL lights, AS4, UTLive, RAAS Pro, Orbx, etc. etc.

Cheers, Rob

Nice video Rob.

Thanks for posting.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Rob

Thanks for the video

I cannot seem to get the sequence right to activate the camera on the first avionics screen

The manual does not seem to be very clear

You seemed to only use 3 buttons in the video to get tothe right screen

What were they.? or am I being too simplistic?

xxd09

PS just noticed that I have to run the SVE exe separately - will this fix the problem?

Edited by xxd09
Omission

Hit PFD button

hit the SVS button (far left)

then you have 6 button options to enable/disable display features

I'm assuming you've already run the SVS installer prior to launching P3D?  If not check SimObjects folder for th 172P

the manual is located in SimObject not in the Carenado folder.

Cheers Rob

Rob,

I got the SVS working but I get no announcements like you have in your video.  What am I missing?

4 hours ago, gpf3m said:

I get no announcements like you have in your video

Those are coming from RAAS Pro 64 (stand alone version that works with all aircraft).  SVS does support MakeRunways (from Pete D.) ... the SVS documentation is incorrect in where to place the r5.bin file created by MakeRunways ... don't recall exact location for r5.bin file, have to get back to you on that.

Cheers, Rob.