Sign in to follow this  

172P G1000 - WebSimXML.DLL triggers CTD in P3D V4

4 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

SVS does support MakeRunways (from Pete D.) ... the SVS documentation is incorrect in where to place the r5.bin file created by MakeRunways ... don't recall exact location for r5.bin file, have to get back to you on that.

Hi Rob, do you remember where to copy the r5.bin file from MakeRunways?

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

4 hours ago, Pidder said:

do you remember where to copy the r5.bin file from MakeRunways?

Here ya go: ...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\gauges\Carenado_WebSimConnect ... there is already a r5.bin file there, I just replaced it with latest one generated from Pete's latest version of MakeRwys along with Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer so that P3D V4 Add-On method files are found (http://lorby-SI.weebly.com/downloads.html).  The documentation says: Step 4. "Copy r5.bin file that was generated and paste it (replace) to. /panel.svs/svs/WebSimSVS folder." ... I couldn't find that location?

Here is a low visibility test out of KBID, in the real world this would not be viable and the runway would be closed, but in a emergency SVS could probably land you just about anywhere under poor visibility ... just don't come in too low like I did. :)

Cheers Rob.

Hi Rob

What a terrific video- using the full avionics power to fly blind like that is so impressive 

A tribute to Carenado -and the Pilot!

The righthand avionics panel not too clear on the video -presumably giving the pilot his initial runway positioning before the left hand panel takes over for finals 

Great stuff!

xxd09

Hi Rob

Can I ask one more question?

I can get the Weather Radar to show but it does not light up and go active

Anything I could try?

xxd09

3 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Weather Radar to show but it does not light up and go active

Do you have weather loaded that has precipitation?  I tested with default weather themes and AS4 weather (where precipitation was present) and both worked with the weather radar.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

Thanks-did this and up it all came!

All I need now is a extra avionics panel to run the GPS as well!

xxd09

PS is this the first functioning Weather Radar available in P3Dv4?

On 10/2/2017 at 9:45 AM, xxd09 said:

PS is this the first functioning Weather Radar available in P3Dv4?

No, several other aircraft have functioning weather radars.  But it's nice to have it included for the $35 aircraft costs.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

You are right

Found functioning Radar in Carenado Phenom 100,300,206 Stationair,Citation 525A CJ2 and H25BH850XP

xxd09

Rob, 

don't those other entry in the .dll.xml run other aircraft in your sim sir?

Capt. Robert Rixx

5 minutes ago, FireRx said:

don't those other entry in the .dll.xml run other aircraft in your sim sir?

Yes, but I can't fly two different aircraft at the same time on the same computer ;)  Enable/Disable as needed for aircraft to be used.

Cheers, Rob.

Hello,

I still recieve a CTD in the C172SP G1000 edition. It always happens right after takeoff.

I've set my DLL.XML in %programdata% like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG_Interface</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG_HUD_interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon> 
</SimBase.Document>

The DLL.XML in appdata is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_connect_64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Hoping that someone can help me.

Greetings,

Hi, Rob to start with thanks for sharing a great review on this plane which made me purchase it really amazing plane to fly. You always shared great support in flight simulation community which I envy and really appreciate please keep up the good work.

Out of curiosity hope you don't mind helping regards to rudder pedals proper setup. I know different hardware and pc setup configuration tend to differ across the board which makes it rather impossible to match or achieve reasonable similar performance outcome. My question is how did you set up your rudder pedals to achieve smooth taxi and proper lining on the runway without veering of side to side which is my biggest challenge I'm facing on this plane.

I have fsuipc and tried tweaking slopes calibration but still no joy to get that perfect sweet spot be it .throttles, rudder etc. Any help on this as to what you are using or how you did I would appreciate, thanks in advance...Cheers!!!  

PC Specs:
Win 7 pro
i7 3770k @4.5ghz
Gtx 980ti 6gb
16gb ram
Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog stick and throttle quadrant
Saitek Pro combat Rudder pedals

2 hours ago, LdeeFsx247 said:

regards to rudder pedals proper setup.

For this aircraft the rudder/steering sensitivity seems pretty good relative to torque and winds ... pretty close to real world.  I'll admit many aircraft have these values way off (and this goes for XP11 and P3D, in XP11 is a BIG problem is some 3rd party aircraft and not realistic at all - at least comparing my real world experience of the same or very similar aircraft I've rented).  But some vendors hit it correctly, this was one of those aircraft and A2A's GA range is another well done.

About all I can suggest:

1.  Make sure you have gone thru P3D's own calibration process for each controller.  I don't use FSUIPC for controllers but I have experimented in the past with setting curves and they usually just make the problem worse not better (especially if winds are present).

2.  Check you don't have any input spikes from your Rudders, that can cause HAVOC ... input spikes are either caused by potentiometers going bad or no "smoothing" hardware on the raw input of the potentiometer (odd, why does google flag potentiometer as a spelling error??).

3.  Try disabling FSUIPC and just use P3D native calibrated input

4.  Other option is to modify the aircraft.cfg ... like torque_on_roll and p_factor_on_yaw (and possibly others, no expert here) ... I think you can also modify the .air file, there is a good thread here on working with .air files http://prepar3d.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6667 ... I usually don't modify but I may start to in the future if content providers continue to release files that are way off ... I know many users do modify these files.

5.  Another check point is to make sure Chaseplane or EZDOK aren't causing any flight dynamic issues ... disable and see if the problem goes away.

6.  Finally, don't use a weather engine, test with clear skies and no wind to see how they work, if good, then setup a crosswind at 5kts, 10kts, 15kts, 20kts and see how the aircraft responds.

I'm using a MFG Crosswind rudder setup that has mechanical curves (several to choose from, I have 3) components that I can swap in/out and it also has a separate calibration system with 4096 elements of precision.  The higher resolution the more precise the input device.

Cheers, Rob.