Sign in to follow this  
kbowler

Definitions not saved for H1:x type buttons

Hi

I am trying to define button presses on the VRInsight TT panel for those buttons recognized as part of the Hat Switch H1:1 to H1:8.  Unfortunately when I define the action and click save, the action is not saved and the  H1:x slot in  question remains blank.   I checked similar hat switch type buttons on my Yoke and joystick, and none of this type of button definition is saved for these either.  I  am running P3D v4.0.28.21686, FSUIPC 5.113, and Linda 3.0.2.714.   The controls work fine in my FSX-SE setup, and register correctly in the appropriate Linda slot when pressed, they are just not saved!   Any ideas?

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

Hi

Further to my first post above, I have just cleared out Linda from the Modules folder, and re-installed.  Again, the same issue shows up.  It does not matter which aircraft are loaded, Although the chosen button action shows in red for that button slot, as soon as 'Save' is clicked, the Linda module reloads, the Linda window is refreshed, and that button definition has disappeared rather than changing to green.   

I have tested all such H1:x type buttons and they all fail in this way, yet I can define actions using them via FSUIPC direct or directly in the P3D v4 native Controls section, without any problems.  Is the latest version of Linda blocking these types of switches from being defined?  They certainly worked OK with FSX-SE and P3Dv3 in earlier Linda versions.  By the way, all other non H1:x buttons are defined correctly and saved as expected!

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

Hi Keith

Sorry to hear of your frustration with assigning functions to the HAT control (H1-H8). In 3.0.2 the assigned function is not saved. This fault was reported to me last weekend and a fix will be issued shortly with 3.0.3. 

There is a manual edit workaround described in another thread (Warthog) but you may wish to wait until the weekend for the fix.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply.  I guessed there might be a bug somewhere in the current version as previous versions have worked so perfectly for me.   I look forward to the fix.  Keep up the good work.

Regards

Keith

• Upvote 1

Regards

Keith Bowler

LINDA 3.0.3 released with fix for HAT assignments.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew