Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

KLGA DD / Imaginesim

Hello... I am having some issues with KGLA and was looking for some help.  I had Imaginesim in v3 and then when V4 came out, I used their installer to put in in V4.  Everything looked good and worked.  I then bought the DD New York Airports and felt that the DD version was a little better for my taste.  So I used the uninstaller for Imaginesim and deleted their KLGA from my sim.  I then Installed DD.  All of their other airports installed correctly.  However, even with uninstalling Imagine sim (and I can't seem to even find it on my PC), it still loads.  I know this because of where the sim puts you in the airport when picking active runway.  DD puts you on the runway and Imaginesim puts you holding short.  There are also jet bridges detached from terminal buildings which makes me think there are some sort of duplicate files and both airports are somehow loading, even though I "uninstalled" it.  Can anyone walk me through what the issues could be and how to completely remove Imaginesim and get DD installed?  Thanks

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Hi...

IIRC - Imaginesim has a directory in the root of your flight simulator directory - if KLGA is removed from there - it should be good...

Also - I've used this "scenery.cfg" editor for years - it's free and open source - if it's not listed in your scenery.cfg - there should be no way it gets loaded...

Works with P3D as well...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

IIRC - Imaginesim has a directory in the root of your flight simulator directory - if KLGA is removed from there - it should be good...

Also - I've used this "scenery.cfg" editor for years - it's free and open source - if it's not listed in your scenery.cfg - there should be no way it gets loaded...

Works with P3D as well...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Regards,

Scott

Does that work with V4?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Hi...

I would think so unless they changed the file format - haven't upgraded myself yet...

Regards,
Scott

26 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Does that work with V4?

Yes. It works well, but will only read from the scenery.cfg. Something to note if you also use the add-on.xml method to install add-on scenery. 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

7 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

Yes. It works well, but will only read from the scenery.cfg. Something to note if you also use the add-on.xml method to install add-on scenery. 

Hi Steve,

Not sure I follow - in V3 I can read and write the scenery.cfg but I don't use any XML method of install scenery - are you saying "read only" because you use the XML method ???

Also - maybe it's a permission thing - are you running the app as "admin" ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott 

Sorry. Reading back into my inital reply I can see the confusion.

SCE will read and write to your scenery.cfg file only. (In v3 I found it useful because it allowed me to group scenery into regions, and "flip on and off" the areas I was using to avoid OOM errors)

As of v4 I've noticed newer releases utilizing the addon.xml method of install. SCE will not read nor be able to edit those entries. For the most part, it's a non-issue as most Airport scenery tends to favor the top layers, but I wanted you to be aware of this limitation if you decide to use SCE. :)

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I don't think it does, but one thing you might want to check is that Imaginesim didn't install any files to your Scenery/Global/Scenery or Scenery/World/Scenery folders. If there is a file there associated with KLGA, it will always load regardless of what scenery you do or don't have installed.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, ZLA Steve said:

Sorry. Reading back into my inital reply I can see the confusion.

SCE will read and write to your scenery.cfg file only. (In v3 I found it useful because it allowed me to group scenery into regions, and "flip on and off" the areas I was using to avoid OOM errors)

As of v4 I've noticed newer releases utilizing the addon.xml method of install. SCE will not read nor be able to edit those entries. For the most part, it's a non-issue as most Airport scenery tends to favor the top layers, but I wanted you to be aware of this limitation if you decide to use SCE. :)

Hi Steve,

Hah - got it now - still haven't jumped in the deep end with V4 - - - doing the same as you with V3...

Appreciate the follow up...

Regards,
Scott

I stopped using SCE when i moved to P3DV4, and instead I use The P3DV4 Addon Organizer.  I know there is some discussion right now about using the XML method used by the PAO, but I've used it to add AFCADs, freeware scenery and payware scenery that only had a FSX/P3DV3 installer and it's worked great.

Using SCE for P3DV4 could cause a few unwanted issues, or it may work fine. I've heard conflicting reports.  But as I said, everything has worked just fine for me when using PAO.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Not only do you have to remove all the \scenery and \texture files from Imaginsim KLGA, they also install an altitude "stub" or "preload" bgl in your scenery\world\scenery folder.  Not sure if their uninstall removes that.

I prefer the Imaginesim scenery to the DD one mainly because DD has a very old terminal and parking design, older than the one in use today.  Imaginesim has the new terminal and parking that are planned in the next year or so. 

Dan Downs KCRP

Ok.. I got it.  However, now it seems as though cars from the road leading to the airport are driving through the terminal and onto the tarmac back into the street.  Is there a fix to that or an error?  It happens with either of the 2 addons.  I run Orbx Vector as well as the other Orbx NA stuff. 

This is the only airport that I have seen this with.  I don't run any other scenery outside of the payware lga and the orbx stuff.  It could be a bug or it could be a setting but hopefully I can resolve it

16 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok.. I got it.  However, now it seems as though cars from the road leading to the airport are driving through the terminal and onto the tarmac back into the street.  Is there a fix to that or an error?  It happens with either of the 2 addons.  I run Orbx Vector as well as the other Orbx NA stuff. 

There is probably a traffic file located in your Scenery\World\Scenery folder causing the cars to show up.

Dave Hodges

16 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

This is the only airport that I have seen this with.  I don't run any other scenery outside of the payware lga and the orbx stuff.  It could be a bug or it could be a setting but hopefully I can resolve it

Do you own DD New York City X.  I have it installed and New York Airports v2 is located above that in my add-on.xml's.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10