Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

Fuel amount issue on a presaved flight

I recently moved to P3dv4 and this happens only on a previously saved flight, not on a fresh new one (note: was never a problem with a user saved flight on P3dV3).

It seems like the fuel amounts are off. I cannot put more than 9K pounds of fuel and and the % are also off. I hope you can see the figures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/lu7B8WrtN2rDCJKn2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xNkcu0O0xpVSYUSz1

If this is unclear please let me know

Thank you

Actually is not gone at all. It's coming and going and i realized that another user posted the same fuel problem in Fuel Quantity Bug thread. I do realize that it is recommended to start with a fresh plane but honestly this is quite inconvenient (I often save randomly my flight just in case P3d crashes so i can recover where i left but with this bug the fuel would be off in the FMC not allowing me to continue)  and makes it also less realistic (i fly Southwest and i like to continue exactly where/how i left it in the previous leg).

It wasn't an issue with P3dv3 so i wonder if it is possible to look in to it and fix it please?

thank you

I save using FSUIPC and have no problem recovering.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I don't have FSUIPC and from my reading it may just add another layer of issues. I'll look in to it but as i said it wasn't an issue in the p3dv3 version so perhaps it can be fixed without adding FSUIPC?

P3Dv4 FSUIPC registered. I have the same problem, only with 738 not with 777 and 744.

regards
Stefan Liebe

Gents, the number one reason why their might be a fuel problem in a loaded scenario is because you are loading the scenario on top of something else.  Make sure a default aircraft is the default scenario, and I recommend starting from Scenario Setup screen.  The only other reason is a corrupt panel state file.  When you save the simulator saves the panel state.  When you load a scenario it will include the panel state.  The fuel amounts are in the panel state. Pretty simple.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm not loading anything on top of anything. Here is the thing. In p3dv3 I could start my 737 exactly how I left it, in p3dv4 when I do that the fuel in fmc is messed up. Pretty simple 

I can confirm above, nothing on top and as metioned above with 744 and 777 it works so it must be a bug in 737 software. Pretty simple.

regards
Stefan Liebe

I believe you are saying you are loading your saved flight directly from the scenario screen. Is that correct? I load saved flights from that screen all the time and I have never seen this behavior with NGX in v4. In the other thread about fuel the guys seemed to be having the problem after they loaded the plane then loaded another livery which you are not supposed to do. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Correct, the other thread is slightly different because there was another livery  involved but the symptom is the same: an FMC with messup fuel numbers that you cannot change as it is not accepting any change.

What i do is start with the default 737-800 and fly the first leg of my flight, park and shut down almost everything then  I simply go to FILE>Save with another name. That's it. The next time I LOAD this saved flight and continue with another flight. Ok so sometimes this works and sometimes at this point the fuel page in the FMC is messed up.  Meaning you may just have 7000 pounds of fuel which is fine because that'show i left it BUT it also considers it 100% full and it's in yellow characters and cannot fix it...and endup losing my saved flight  

1 hour ago, andreadebiase said:

Correct, the other thread is slightly different because there was another livery  involved but the symptom is the same: an FMC with messup fuel numbers that you cannot change as it is not accepting any change.

What i do is start with the default 737-800 and fly the first leg of my flight, park and shut down almost everything then  I simply go to FILE>Save with another name. That's it. The next time I LOAD this saved flight and continue with another flight. Ok so sometimes this works and sometimes at this point the fuel page in the FMC is messed up.  Meaning you may just have 7000 pounds of fuel which is fine because that'show i left it BUT it also considers it 100% full and it's in yellow characters and cannot fix it...and endup losing my saved flight  

Adrea, I have done what you describe hundreds of times. In fact every time I fly a mission it begins with a flight that was previously saved at the gate.  I have never seen unexpected fuel numbers.  Next time you see unexpected numbers, have a look at the panel state file for the flight you loaded.  These files in the the pmdg\ngx\panels\ folder and have the same name as the saved flight files in the documents folders.  In that panel state file you will find three lines in the FUELS section that are the fuel quantities:

Left Main Tank FRMN=3707.512451
Center Wing Tank FRMN=0.000000
Right Main Tank FRMN=3712.410645

In the above example, the tanks are left 3707 right 3712 and center is 0 lbs.  As I said, this is simple stuff.  A little looking around should sort out why you are sometimes having a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP