Sign in to follow this  
Mitch24

FsDreamTeam New UPS Cargo System

New with their upcoming KSDF. Looks like they are taking full advantage of P3D V4!

• Upvote 3

What aspects are you referring to, brother Mitch?

spacer.png

Looks like a new management system for cargo, which in KSDF matches real world operations, and directly integrated with the airport.

I did this for real at FedEx. Not very exciting. :laugh:

• Upvote 3

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

1 hour ago, Taver said:

I loaded trucks at UPS during college. If anyone moved that slow they be re-tasked to a different employer ;)  

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

i begged for memphis, louiseville and indianapolis, now 2 of the 3 are out or coming, memphis is the fedex hub of the world and louiseville is the ups hub, indianapolis is the second largest fedex hub, sadly noone has given indianapolis any attention and it was a brand new airport in 2008 and also my home airport from birth. now orlando is my home airport, i am glad fsdreamteam is creating so much detail. i just hope i am alive when it's released. i was diagnosed with cancer 3 months back and hope i can get rid of it, but it'd unlikely. anyway great video.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Is there a V4 compatible 767?

I think that's a 777...

I also work at a cargo company. Yes the person is moving slow and it's boring. But, it's so realistic!!!! Think about how much they are trying to cut budget on hourly employees and BAM! It all makes sense!  Save the company >$20 and hour! (Please do NOT don't look at costs for naming football fields, or golf tournaments, or adhoc flights, or empty flights that go back out empty, or sending the sales team to Europe on the company's dime or...all the other BS).

Also do not mention that the pilots left the beacon on. They are Gods compared to everyone else! Remember that!

(Posted with just a hint of sarcasm :biggrin:)

• Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

1 hour ago, Taver said:

I guess I should elaborate. It wouldn't be exciting for me now but when I was in my early 20's at the Superhub unloading 727, DC-10, MD-11, 747 (Old Flying Tiger Plane) and the new Airbus A310 it was exciting. I actually enjoyed the offload team. I did all the jobs working all the loaders and driving tugs along with throwing boxes. 

It did amaze me that when FedEx started receiving the Airbus A310 I was one of the few that was qualified to load and unload. Me and one other guy use to load an A310 by ourselves. Most of the loading process was automated. I do remember it snowed (rare in Memphis) and snow had accumulated on the tops of the containers. We didn't think anything of it and loaded them. The co-pilot comes on board and says you guys are going to have to unload all the containers and get the snow off. He said the water would pool in the belly of the plane and cause issues. So we did and got the plane out on time. 

• Upvote 1

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

44 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I think that's a 777...

It's a 767, and my money is on a partially-functioning LDS 767 used just for the sake of the video. Unless someone has been able to get it functioning fully in P3Dv4?

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

15 minutes ago, adf said:

It's a 767, and my money is on a partially-functioning LDS 767 used just for the sake of the video. Unless someone has been able to get it functioning fully in P3Dv4?

The level-d does not have a freighter version so it’s not a LDS 767. My guess is it’s the CS767 but it’s not in works yet according to CS unless FSDT is beta testing it.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Patriot3810 said:

i begged for memphis, louiseville and indianapolis, now 2 of the 3 are out or coming, memphis is the fedex hub of the world and louiseville is the ups hub, indianapolis is the second largest fedex hub, sadly noone has given indianapolis any attention and it was a brand new airport in 2008 and also my home airport from birth. now orlando is my home airport, i am glad fsdreamteam is creating so much detail. i just hope i am alive when it's released. i was diagnosed with cancer 3 months back and hope i can get rid of it, but it'd unlikely. anyway great video.

:( I wish you a speedy recovery

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Taver said:

I guess I should elaborate. It wouldn't be exciting for me now but when I was in my early 20's at the Superhub unloading 727, DC-10, MD-11, 747 (Old Flying Tiger Plane) and the new Airbus A310 it was exciting. I actually enjoyed the offload team. I did all the jobs working all the loaders and driving tugs along with throwing boxes. 

It did amaze me that when FedEx started receiving the Airbus A310 I was one of the few that was qualified to load and unload. Me and one other guy use to load an A310 by ourselves. Most of the loading process was automated. I do remember it snowed (rare in Memphis) and snow had accumulated on the tops of the containers. We didn't think anything of it and loaded them. The co-pilot comes on board and says you guys are going to have to unload all the containers and get the snow off. He said the water would pool in the belly of the plane and cause issues. So we did and got the plane out on time. 

Well I admire FSDT for doing stuff like this. I think they are one of the very last companies to be around since the creation of Flight simulator, and they keep on making new and innovative stuff. Good for them..

• Upvote 1