Sign in to follow this  
Ando010

Who said Fs2004 is dead?

Well, somebody did in another forum section here. How wrong could he be? 

Gregory Putz's brilliant PHJH scenery has been download nearly 700 times in only a month, both from here and flightsim.com. 

Fantastic freeware and still some fantasic support for Fs9! 

• Upvote 1

It's good to see FS9 still supported by some developers.  My Landclass Assistant still works with it, plus I have a trike that works with it here in Avsim's library.  Alas I lost FS9 when my old system crashed, but I still enjoyed flying it for all the AI I had placed in it.  It was a good sim, and could support photoreal scenery with FSEarthtiles.

John

• Upvote 1

It's also pretty unique in having sloping & circular runways & ramps.

Not forgetting that it just works, on any reasonable PC. No need to chase for expensive hardware.

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hello to you all,

I have to weigh in here.

FS2004 is the ONLY sim that I can fly with 6 monitors in which I fly my beloved IFLY737 BBJ3. I keep going back to the others but FS2004 remains my primary flight sim platform.

I do not know what the numbers are and whether or not, any developers with new complex aircraft, sceneries or new airports can make them viable but ....OH GOD, how I wish there were more of them still working on the FS9 products.

My wish list is long and varied but I would LOVE a great Airbus to go with my Ifly, Eaglesoft Citation Extreme II, my Phenom and my Feelthere Embraers (all of them), Sceneries ... ANYTHING in Australia and Indonesia which is where I do most of my flying and of course, airports in those countries as well.

I am running the VOZ 1.8 sceneries which is Freeware and the best available but still a little outdated, BDO Aviation airports in Indolnesia (some freeware and some Payware but all fairly good. I do not really feel left out in the Australian scenery/airport situation in the other platforms because, apart from ORBX no one is working on Australian (who and where are they again????)  products to my Knowledge, and even they, still have not gone 64bit for the OZ airports.

In essence, as good as they all are, they do not even approach 6 monitor performance like FS9 which is what dictates me staying where I am for the time being at least.

To end my comment I simply have to show off my baby and what FS2004 is capable of.

Regards to you all as usual

Tony Chilcott

qWxMkBb.jpg

F69x1NT.jpg

Bz19Wq4.jpg

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I believe that Airsimmer still do the A320 for FS9

http://www.airsimmer.com/products320.htm

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Jude,

Do these guys offer the advanced version or is this just a furphy. It would be the advanced version that I seek.

Cheerts

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Advanced version not available - I still have this bookmark on my browser since this product came out :)

Actually, the basic version is still pretty good, from what I know, you can't save flightplans (if I remember right), but for FS9, it's excellent.

I think there are some posts on it on avsim, do a bit of research before you buy.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Fs9 is still alive. Ive read that Prepar3d also works great with tons of ai but making that step means that I have to invest a lot of money (again) to reach the same level I now have in my fs9. 

Fs9 still makes me happy, flying around in my iFly737 or QW757 between big American cities. Thats just the best!!

• Upvote 3

FS9 still has its legitimacy and I go on using it. I run it foremost for specific IFR practice. The neat thing about FS9 is, that you shoot it up and it runs smoothly and you can do all the things you can do with more modern sims.

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

Don't worry, over on the FSX forums you now find more and more comments suggesting FSX is dead!!

Although it is not now my main platform, I still use FS9 occasionally for IFR flying on the heavy metal and it is amazing to be reminded of how smoothly it runs. In terms of VFR flying the more recent platforms have the edge simply because of the availability of superb scenery addons such as those from Orbx. However I still have a soft spot for FS9, which depending on your expectations, remains a perfectly viable and great sim platform and while I have space for it on my hard drive (it occupies about 400GB!) it will be remaining there.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Just have a look at the great new add-ons, scenery & planes from guys like Milton & team, Felipe Belalcazar's  Gloster Pioneer's paints, Kieth Paine's Gull collection, the list goes on & on.

Most, if not all, are exclusive to FS9, not forgetting my favourite ..http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/   with sloping & circular runways, & a huge collection of unique projects, such as India, Black Hawks (runways in mountains) & Fordlandia!

FSX has no chance against those.

Thanks to all those freeware guys that still feed our hobby!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

On 30/09/2017 at 7:09 AM, meesterlijk said:

Fs9 is still alive. Ive read that Prepar3d also works great with tons of ai but making that step means that I have to invest a lot of money (again) to reach the same level I now have in my fs9. 

Fs9 still makes me happy, flying around in my iFly737 or QW757 between big American cities. Thats just the best!!

Although I kept FS9 on my PC, I also installed FSX just to try it and also because a lot of my payware addons would work on both platforms without having to spend any more money. Then Orbx scenery became available and that was so good that FSX gradually became my main platform for VFR flying although I would return to FS9 for much of my IFR flying, as I could get a smoother performance on it with the PMDG heavies and, like you, with the iFly 737 and QW 757. In fact I still use the iFly 737 and QW 757 on FSX and the 757 remains one of my favourite airliners to fly on FSX as, unlike the various PMDG aircraft, it has a fairly low VAS footprint and I can generally do fairly long flights without the dreaded OOM error crash! 

I am attracted by the advantages of the new 64-bit P3Dv4 platform, but it seems that would involve involve investing a lot of money yet again in updating various addons, (plus they don't yet have good addon scenery for EINN my 'home' airport!) so for now I am waiting! The important thing is that you are happy with whatever system you have - I love FS9 for its smooth performance and FSX for its great VFR visuals. I agree that anything that makes you feel good is the best!

Bill

• Upvote 1

The Alpha India Group is doing a survey on "What Simulator do you use?"  The survey closes on October 14.  Here is the stated purpose of the survey: "We need the info because we are talking internally about the future of AIG flightplans."  If you want to keep seeing seeing new flight plans for our favourite sim then show your support for FS9 by heading over to their site and answer their survey.  http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=26045.0

Thank you Ando010 for that great endorsement of my scenery!

Greg

• Upvote 1

I know, Milton shape is putting out aircraft every half month and HJG every month...and more and more scenery designs are coming around for it.....

a thing never dies until no one loves it anymore 

and greg, lovely stuff coming from you...

Edited by darrenvox