Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Graphics Settings for P3D v4 on 4K TV

Hi All,

I switched from a 256x1080 wide-screen monitor to a 4K TV.

Would you be able to advise graphics settings for this setup.

Do I still need NVI?, I remember reading its not required on 4K.

My I7-7700k is OC GHz and run on a GTX 970.

Should I have AA enabled in P3D, and what x MSAA should I use.

Thanks

Use whatever looks good to you and performs to your liking. There isn't a set of settings that works for everyone. This is very personal and subjective so not much use in asking that here. What may be important to you may not be important to someone else. Make your own choices and test them, I'd say. Like asking if you need AA: only you can see with your own eyes what looks good or not on your monitor. Who cares if someone says you don't need AA while you think it looks jagged...? Or who cares if someone says you do need AA while you think it looks fine without? And what if someone suggests to turn off autogen for better performance while you love autogen? It is all up to you: never simply do what others tell you because you may end up with a sim you don't like at all.

I have run my V4 on the 4K monitor with 30hz for a couple of days, unbelievable how it runs,so awesome

GER  / XPlane 11 and P3D V4 Simmer

Andi Lex

15 hours ago, tooting said:

Hello

Can it run at 30hertz??

The TV's refresh rate is 60 Hz, don't know how I can change that to run at 30Hz.

14 hours ago, Lexen said:

I have run my V4 on the 4K monitor with 30hz for a couple of days, unbelievable how it runs,so awesome

How did you make it run at 30Hz.?.

You should be able to set 30hz in the NV control panel

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Check the Manuel also..

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Maybe your video card will be somewhat underpowered for the most common visual settings. I'd also recommend setting 30 Hz, VSync ON and frame rate locked to anything above 35 (does it make a difference 35, 60, or Unlimited in this case?! I don't think so).

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

1 hour ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Maybe your video card will be somewhat underpowered for the most common visual settings. I'd also recommend setting 30 Hz, VSync ON and frame rate locked to anything above 35 (does it make a difference 35, 60, or Unlimited in this case?! I don't think so).

I will give it a go today.

I have locked my fps in game at 31.

Enabled vync in game.

NVI all settings default.

Will report back how it goes.

6 hours ago, YukonPete said:

You should be able to set 30hz in the NV control panel

Cheers mate. 

45 minutes ago, ozflyer said:

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

2 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

The 970 should be fine. I ran P3Dv3 at 30hz on a 50" TV for over a year and it was fine.  i upgraded my PC in June so now i have a 1080.

Pete Richards

4 hours ago, YukonPete said:

The 970 should be fine. I ran P3Dv3 at 30hz on a 50" TV for over a year and it was fine.  i upgraded my PC in June so now i have a 1080.

I say that because I have a 1080 FTW and it gets hammered very frequently, running at 100% load in P3D v4, 4x MSAA, in a 4k screen.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto