Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Can't contain my feelings for Prepa3dv4

I just can't contain my feelings for this wonderful program:  Prepar3dv4.  Being a simmer for well over 25 years, I thought there was no light at the end of the FSX tunnel   Microsoft stopped upgrading and supporting this product, and I felt real despair for my most important hobby and love.  Rarely does a day go by that I don't fly somewhere in simulation.  I have learned so very much about aviation, and spent untold dollars enhancing this important part of my life.  I've invested in superb state of the art computers through Jetline Systems (built specifically for this simulation), and added every possible scenery/aircraft addon that I could with out exceeding my disc space.  Flying became so frustrating and burdensome after all the OOM's and CTD errors, that I was pessimistic about my future with something that I loved so much.

I finally listened to all the simmers who were deliriously happy about this Prepar3 program.  At first, I didn't believe it, and kept trying to tweak the h_ _ _ out of FSX.  Even with all the advice from the so-called expert tweakers, the OOM's didn't stop.  I started simming less and less.

Then.....I made the switch.  I am so very, very happy EVERY single day with the version 4 of this wonderful salvation of a program for us simmers who really take this hobby seriously.  I'm anxious to sit down at my computer and fire up Prepar3v4, and look forward to its impending update.  I know the developers will make it better and better now, unlike the mutiny of Microsoft for FSX.

So, I couldn't contain my feelings for this program, and sincerely wish more and more simmers would make the switch as soon as possible so that their investment in this simming future can only accelerate its improvements over the years to come.

ONE REGRET:   "I didn't switch to the Prepar3d platform soon enough"!

Stan

• Upvote 16

Well said Stan,

I was an early adopter so few regrets and am confident in the future of P3D and am thrilled with their conduct and performance.

I cannot understand those that do not switch or adopt.

Obviously they just don't believe us.

Kind regards,

Well not to mention FSX is a dead product.  No new development going on there, so why keep investing in dedicated add-ons for that platform?  It's frozen in time.  Sure, we all have great memories there, but it's best to go with a product that continues to evolve over time as a living, breathing product - Prepar3D.

It's also poised to make better use of modern PC resources.

While I don't mind folks who have FSX hanging on, mostly likely due to their large investments in add-ons, I'd suggest moving on and re-starting your add-on collection one small item at a time.  And as each item comes on-line, enjoy it fully before moving on to the next.

I've never understood folks who need 150+ different aircraft at their disposal and 200+ add-on airports to fly into and out of.  Pick the "best of the best" and fly that hardware into destinations that support it well.

Mark

One complaint. . .

I flew a night landing at a local airport and dynamic lighting lit the water tower on short

final as I flew by.  I nearly crashed staring at it!

N99WB

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, n99wb said:

One complaint. . .

I flew a night landing at a local airport and dynamic lighting lit the water tower on short

final as I flew by.  I nearly crashed staring at it!

N99WB

Instant replay is your friend... :biggrin:

Russ

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

You picked the right time to switch,,, V4 is the break-through release that we have been waiting for.

Might as well call it FSXI  :cool:

Bert

NO OOOOOOOMMMMMSSS!!! Crank everything up and not a worry in the world. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

+1

I can't wait to see the products that developers will develop now utilizing the 64-bit platform. Now with no VAS limit, there is no limit!!!!!!

I’m an avid simmer but have not switched yet to p3dv4 because I don’t think my rig would benefit. I7 3770 and a gtx 760. Maybe that’s why others haven’t as well? 

Orman

5 minutes ago, okupton said:

I’m an avid simmer but have not switched yet to p3dv4 because I don’t think my rig would benefit. I7 3770 and a gtx 760. Maybe that’s why others haven’t as well? 

Well P3D will perform better than FSX and look way better doing it. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I'm glad that Lockheed saved the line of sims that came out of the old FS, so long ago. V4 runs like magic on my system and I quite enjoy that.  It seems just more fluid than FSX, in every detail.  It's a nice "Stick and Rudder" simulator.  Those of us who have known FSX and P3d will see the difference, you can just tell by your senses.  FSX seemed "flat" to me as I flew it, even though framerates were good.  P3d just seems to have a more natural feel to it, I even put it above XP11 for that reason alone.  P3d just feels the most liquid to me of the sims I have had

John

2 hours ago, okupton said:

Depends on your CPU frequency. Anything above 4Ghz is good. I have a GTX1070 but have seen stunning results with the cheaper 1060 as well. 

Lockheed Martin offers a 60 day money back policy in case you don’t feel content with their offerings. I would say; just give it a try and see how it goes. I have P3D 4 installed as my main sim with legacy 2.5 for the stuff that doesn’t work in V3 or 4.

• Upvote 1

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

4 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

+1

I can't wait to see the products that developers will develop now utilizing the 64-bit platform. Now with no VAS limit, there is no limit!!!!!!

No entirely true, but it is better :wink:, we are limited by what LM can allow us to do with the development SDK which is still based on the ESP engine, they are improving the capabilities of the SDK thought.

During the V3.4  cycle, I got my flightsim setup tuned so well, and thought to myself 'I couldn't be happier with this' .  I had learned to live with OOM's over the years..   Now that we have V4, we have no OOM's (I've not had one yet) and much better lighting including AI lighting thanks to @Simbol.   Things just get better and better every year with flightsimming. Long may it last.

• Upvote 2

I still have 3.4 for Majestic Q400 and FSL A320, but it feels like a dinosaur whenever I switch from P4D.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020