Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Can't contain my feelings for Prepa3dv4

What is the current situation with AI models in P3D v4? I am still using P3D v3.3, and I am hesitant about upgrading for several reasons (one of which is that half of my AI planes will not work) :dry:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

FSX seemed "flat" to me as I flew it, even though framerates were good.  

Hello Jim, 100% agree your filling. P3dv4 is a revival of 95% addons we have sceneries and aircrafts... Because we are able now to fly without OM with settings near the max... Simply enjoy... The invest of v4 licence is a little money for the real pleassure given to simmer to retrieve well done sceneries.

Fsx stay a lot of years, now the sim future is a 64bits soft, an v4 is now the best challenger.

Mark

5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

What is the current situation with AI models in P3D v4? I am still using P3D v3.3, and I am hesitant about upgrading for several reasons (one of which is that half of my AI planes will not work) :dry:

I am sure others will advise differently, I upgraded to V4 and purchased UTL beta release, works fine on my system.

Others are still using UT2 until UTL is finished, others are using my traffic 6a but it is difficult to install under PD3V4 and the AI lights are modeled inside the planes which will make the problem with AI lights under PD3V4 worse as hardcoded AI lights are only tracked/simulated by a 8nm radius by PD3.

My advice is to use UTL or world of AI.

Regards 

Simbol 

I use various freeware models (FAIB,TFS,FSP,AIA,HTAI etc), and flightplans from AIG and others. I suspect that there is still a lot of upgrade work still to do to make most of these models fully compatible with P3D v4.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I agree v4 is a much improved platform for flight sim, but i still have a copy of FSX installed for the DH8D, QW 757 and the E-175.

Hopefully some of these aircraft will be updated to run in v4 soon, and QW gets the 787 running for v4.

Stephen Forsgren

11 hours ago, spilok said:

ONE REGRET:   "I didn't switch to the Prepar3d platform soon enough"!

You should not be regretful.  P3Dv4 is the right one to switch to.  The previous incarnations of P3D still suffer the FSX deseases in one way or the others.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

V4 is my go to sim for VR flying :)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

V4 has definitely allowed me to enjoy ESP sims again.  I'll still primarily be on XP11 but will sometimes  fly P3D for the amazing addons!  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Well P3D will perform better than FSX and look way better doing it. 

I’m in p3dv3, so I know exactly what you mean. I feel like for me and my current rig, buying V4 would be like buying a Ferrari without an engine if that makes sense 

Orman

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I use various freeware models (FAIB,TFS,FSP,AIA,HTAI etc), and flightplans from AIG and others. I suspect that there is still a lot of upgrade work still to do to make most of these models fully compatible with P3D v4.

I also use FAIB FSX models in V4 together with Simbol's great AI lights. Works great! Just make sure that all FS9 AI aircrafts are sorted out from you library, e.g. by using Lorby's thumbnailexporterX: http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html

As soon as Ultimate Live Traffic is officially released, I may switch over to the commercial pack, simply because it has more liveries.

For certain aircrafts such as FSLabs A320 I still use P3D 3.3.5 and I would not (yet) call it a dinosaur. It is also fluent on my system and with PTA there is actually no significant visible difference between the two platforms.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

i am still  enjoying every day P3D 3.4 , no problems at all with my quite outdated rig. I7 3770K  3.50@ titan card and W7 64 bit. i don't really see myself switching to version 4 in the near future. i fly the dash 8, pmdg 737 and fslabs A320 without any issues , AS2016 , asca , envtex . 

henry

After Robs help getting my P3D to perform correctly and a couple tweaks I'm very happy with the performance. I'm looking forward to future improvements of P3D

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

We all value different aspects of flight sims vs. what a particular product has to offer.

After adding Orbx (Global, Vector, OpenLC), ASP4/ASCA, Flight1 GNS, and 3rd party aircraft addons; I am able to enjoy GA flying in P3Dv4.

P3Dv4 has many 3rd party addon help fill in the gaps for me.

However, a Dev will need to seriously invest in fully overhauling the core sim to produce something close to modern day software from other sim / gaming areas. But for now, P3Dv4 has made some good advances since the days of FSX.

well chaps read all your comments took the plunge this morning, still wadding through it  what i see is great , cant quite get controls figered but ill keep trying when i can get sorted ill add all my orbx stuff, even with all sliders at bare min looks better than my old fsx    dave