Sign in to follow this  
Lbt564

Aerosoft EGLL for p3d v4 is out

11 minutes ago, tooting said:

Thanks Mike... stand round the wrong way ????

That's where it placed the aircraft when I loaded it. I thought it was kind of odd that it wasn't positioned nose in.

NAX669.png

6 hours ago, nealmac said:

Haha certain members of Avsim never fail to disappoint when it comes to rubbishing Aerosoft. And this time they are doing it without even trying the product out.

Ever heard the expression: "Where there's smoke, there's fire"?

Soooo... Is it buyable?  Does it perform good AND has no issues with V4?  As i said previously i'm on the fence for UK2000/Aerosoft...

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

7 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Ever heard the expression: "Where there's smoke, there's fire"?

Soooo... Is it buyable?  Does it perform good AND has no issues with V4?  As i said previously i'm on the fence for UK2000/Aerosoft...

youve got 2 choices mate... my stand issue shows they never test their afcads properly.  those stands had been mentioned before to them and would of taken 10 mins to switch 180 degress the 6 or so cargo stands in an afcad program,

by the looks of it the issue with orbx is still there.  Cant be bothered test that either.  Welcome to 2017... this is now the norm with various developers. 

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

V4.0 head-to-head comparison with UK2000 would be much appreciated if AS wants my money. Otherwise, a skip for me even though I own an original version

Thank you tooting, i'll do like G-YMML1 and wait for some comparison.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Matt Davies is streaming a flight now into Aerosoft's EGLL

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Should have said on Twitch.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

5 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Great! Does anoyone has a solution of how to make it completely compatible with ORBX England? I have disabled all EGLL.BGLs but still I see some flickering and texture problems..

I had the same problem two years ago on p3d v2. Started a thread over on their forums (it's still there) . Got laughed at because I use Orbx England, tried to fix it myself, failed, PMed the developer (they haven't even read my PM two years later)

Even after everything I tried,  the AFCAD was broken. I landed a 737 on the runway and it acted like I landed on the grass. Really was a shame. (looked nice though... In all its 12fps glory :D) didn't ask for a refund just a fix. No luck. Bought UK2000 and never looked back. 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

You would have thought they would have sorted out the glitches and afcad. But it’s aerosoft so they went for headlines about DL etc in the product page.

Makes nicer reading than we fixed xxxx or does it!

Uk2000 it is a shame because I feel Gary’s work is starting to look old.

The textures on his new Gatwick look very old to what others are making.

Going from a Flightbeam airport to. Uk2000 airport feels like you have gone back 5-6 years in time

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I just bought this. Upgrade price from the previous version. What a mess. It looks like it's mixed up with the default airport for P3Dv1-3. Then I looked if it was added to the scenery index and I can't find it. Their Install was a complete mess. Never seen this before. Low class Aerosoft! Now have to figure out what the issue it.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

No idea what some people do with there installs..lol.

Mine is in pulling 25-30 FPS in the Pmdg 747, 55-60 exterior view.

No complaints in fact only compliments that such a complex massive airport can pull that performance even with Orbx UK as well.

Well done Aerosoft.

• Upvote 1

Darren Howie

32 minutes ago, DEHowie said:

No idea what some people do with there installs..lol.

Was actually thinking the same thing... 

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

11 hours ago, tooting said:

Thanks Mike... stand round the wrong way ????

No it isn't the wrong way. Look at google maps and you will see that aircraft are parked both directions here. On google maps (satellite) stand 603 there is a heavy parked exactly the same way.

Seems Simwings is doing a very accurate job in their afcad !

b rdgs / Dick

=

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, dick said:

No it isn't the wrong way. Look at google maps and you will see that aircraft are parked both directions here. On google maps (satellite) stand 603 there is a heavy parked exactly the same way.

Seems Simwings is doing a very accurate job in their afcad !

b rdgs / Dick

=

Interesting find... 

Just goes to show for the self-proclaiming experts, who are so quick to criticize and judge developers work, apparently without even knowing what they're talking about.  

None mentioned - none forgotten!

Kinda eye-opening.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I am lucky in that I have used Airport Design Editor for a long time, so I can modify the AFD files of various airports if I need to. With respect to Aerosoft Heathrow Extended, I had to adjust the runway settings so that one runway is used for take offs and one for landings. I also noted that the AFD default runways (invisible beneath the custom textures) were extremely wide (something like 250 metres). I suspect that this was done so that the HS nodes could be located in the same positions as the ground markings (this is a limitation of FSX/P3D if the real world HS markings are a bit further from the runway than normal). Then there was the problem of those cargo spots being reversed 180 degrees (which was an easy problem to solve; my personal preference).

Whilst issues like these can be frustrating for users who do not have experience tweaking AFD files, I actually find it quite therapeutic to modify these files, and get them working in the way that I want. Of course, this does not correct any of the dumbass manouevres that some of the AI planes pull (like landing short of a runway, and taxiing through the city until they reach the runway threshold) :rolleyes: Still, you can't have everything.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png