Sign in to follow this  
Lbt564

Aerosoft EGLL for p3d v4 is out

I don't know where i 'attacked' you, but if i did, my apologies, it wasn't intended. I came here because i had doubts regarding UK2000 vs Aerosoft, ended up buying the latter and i'm not unhappy. Just that.

I'll check for charts + GSX files soon enough, i'll be home soon.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

On 9/30/2017 at 6:41 AM, wckorb said:

Just purchased yesterday and it works fine with Orbx for me. Just have to make sure the Aerosoft EGLL compatibility option is checked in the FTX England config panel.

In every Orbx region, for every addon airport you have, you need to remove the 3 bgl files that have the airport code in the orbx folders

Hi everyone.

I got the 'previous' (P3dv3) version of EGLL working perfectly with Orbx England. Here is what you have to do: (Note, you don't disable all the EGLL files in the folders, as that actually introduces some flickering too). So here are the notes I made previously:

"For an unknown reason ORBX installs AFCAD and default building files at
<BASE>\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery
which are ignored by our excludes (and maybe can come back while switching, so please keep this in mind):
Rename:
ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL.BGL to ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL.OFF and
ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.BGL to ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.OFF

Also rename:
FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.bgl to OFF

P3D HDR Lighting:
When using the P3D in game option of “HDR Lighting”: Please rename the file ...<BASE>\Aerosoft\Mega-Airport-London-Heathrow-Xtended_Airport\scenery “EGLLlichtlayer.BGL” to “EGLLlichtlayer.OFF”. Otherwise the light on the apron will be too bright.

Summary:
Rename to OFF:
P3Dv3\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery:
ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL.BGL
ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.BGL
FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.bgl
P3Dv3\Aerosoft\London-Heathrow-Xtended_Airport\scenery\:
EGLLlichtlayer.BGL

"

I haven't tried this new v4 version but I'd be surprised if it differs from the above.

I have spoken to Orbx about their Aerosoft EGLL compatibility option in the Orbx England control panel not aligning with the above perfectly, so I choose to leave that alone and set the above files manually (Unless they've since patched the control panel and fixed it - they did say they'd note my comments).

Hope it works for all of you

Simon

• Upvote 1

There's no charts and no GSX files (that i can find).

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

21 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

There's no charts and no GSX files (that i can find).

Thanks Nuno, charts are normally inside Aerosoft documentation.

They always give you the charts, it would be odd if they didn't.

Regards 

Simbol 

I moved the scenery from that weird folder they use inside P3D (even after LM warned more than one year ago that it was bad practice), so i only copied the texture/scenery folders. The rest, if existed, got deleted.

Weird folder? You mean, like FlyTampa and ORBx? Aerosoft are not the only software developer that install inside the main P3D folder.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

In every Orbx region, for every addon airport you have, you need to remove the 3 bgl files that have the airport code in the orbx folders

Thats exactly what the compatibility option for EGLL in the FTX EU England control panel does.

53 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Weird folder? You mean, like FlyTampa and ORBx? Aerosoft are not the only software developer that install inside the main P3D folder.

Yeah i move all that away from the simulator folder. If they can't do it, i can.

I just installed it and was really surpriced by the performance VS UK2000. Sitting at gate 535 in the PMDG 747 i am getting 38-40fps up and running the thing looking straight ahead. 45-50fps to the sides Today at 1000Z. but with Active Sky ASP4 from 18.00Z.

UK2000 is around 25-33 fps.

Even the dynamic light was super smooth. Again fps around 30. Early local morning  from 0400lt. 

OPENLC and vector 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 29/9/2017 at 11:11 AM, Nyxx said:

I hated the ground flickering on the runways and taxiways. I tried it on two PC's one FSX and my v3.4 both had the same problem. Its better looking than UK2000 but UK2000 does not have the horrible flickering and better FPS.

Have they sorted that out......I bet not.

Hi David. Tell me the spots. Did a hole taxi trip in the PMDG 747 Day and early morning and did not see those flicker i guess. This is the best EGLL in my opinion. It even is 10-15 % better than UK2000 on  my system. Looks great 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

That’s great news Michael, I had it bad mostly on the north side Taxi ways and runway.

I use Orbx OC Europe not Full fat UK.

I would prefer to us Aerosoft version as it’s very much looks better over UK2000.

Also pls try different times of day.

look forward to your reply.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

27 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I just installed it and was really surpriced by the performance VS UK2000. Sitting at gate 535 in the PMDG 747 i am getting 38-40fps up and running the thing looking straight ahead. 45-50fps to the sides Today at 1000Z. but with Active Sky ASP4 from 18.00Z.

UK2000 is around 25-33 fps.

Even the dynamic light was super smooth. Again fps around 30. Early local morning  from 0400lt. 

OPENLC and vector 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Same here. Performance is much better than with the old version in P3Dv3. Also getting 30+fps even at night time with DL and also when sitting on the runway facing the airport terminals. Seems that recompiling the dlls with the P3Dv4 SDK really helps with performance. Was the same with Aerosoft EDDF Professional.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

25 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

That’s great news Michael, I had it bad mostly on the north side Taxi ways and runway.

I use Orbx OC Europe not Full fat UK.

I would prefer to us Aerosoft version as it’s very much looks better over UK2000.

Also pls try different times of day.

look forward to your reply.

No problem all clock. Amazing performance. If you have EDDF Pro its up there. No flicker. 

Dawn /Dusk with DL can task my system but no problems with out it or If i set VSYNC back to my 25HZ Monitor. 

Go for it 

Thanks Michael Moe 

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Paid the small upgrade price. Nice but one big fps vacuum. Disappointed in performance. We're talking low double digit like 11-12 fps.  I like UK2000 sceneries. My experience is good with them in terms of FPS. I have some of their other sceneries such as EGSS and EGLC. I'd buy their product if I were you. But I couldn't pass this up because of my prior purchase.

i7-7700k OC'd 4.7 GHz,   Asus Prime Z270-A MOBO ,32 GB DDR4 Ripjaws, ZOTAC ampExtreme 1080 8GB,  Thermaltake Core V71 Case, Corsair H100i v2 liquid cooler, RM850xCorsair psu, ADATA M.2 2280 240GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WIndows 10 Pro, 2 TB Samsung and 3 TB WD HDs .

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb