Sign in to follow this  
astroavion

Ok How Do I Fix This? Scenery Library Blank

All of my airports in the scenery library are coming up blank. I can't read which is which. If I knew how to post a pic here, I would but I see no such icon to do this. All the sceneries are there, there is just no title.

Change language regional format to us english. restart p3d, then you will have scenery library titles.

Göksel Erkan

pmdg 737ngx, pmdg 777 200/300ER, asp4, asca, rextd, rexhd, fsuipc registered user.

3 hours ago, astroavion said:

All of my airports in the scenery library are coming up blank. I can't read which is which. If I knew how to post a pic here, I would but I see no such icon to do this. All the sceneries are there, there is just no title.

I highly recommend this as an image hosting site.   http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Do you have an Addon Scenery folder with a Scenery folder inside in you Main FSX folder?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

7 hours ago, charliearon said:

I highly recommend this as an image hosting site.   http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

Ditto that, since it was recommended to me, it's all I use--very easy for adding screenshots.  Just use the first BBEncode option after you upload, and do a select all then paste the link to your post.  You won't see the screenshot until you actually save your post.  Your image will then be available in preview and in full screen.

John

BBEncode? I don't have a clue what you are talking about. I'm just a draftee. heh

I went to the suggested site and made an account. Can't I just post a link to the pic as I did above? Or is this not allowed? I didn't see any tutorial anywhere.

Edit - ok I found the 'tutorial' post.

11 hours ago, astroavion said:

BBEncode? I don't have a clue what you are talking about. I'm just a draftee. heh

I went to the suggested site and made an account. Can't I just post a link to the pic as I did above? Or is this not allowed? I didn't see any tutorial anywhere.

Edit - ok I found the 'tutorial' post.

Posting a link, like you did works!  I use a "direct" link and also use the Insert other media tab that's just above the Submit Reply button.  This gives a picture instead of the link.

• Upvote 2

Charlie Aron

If you open your scenery.cfg file in notepad, you'll probably find that all the "Title=" lines have no entry in them (happened to me when I uninstalled something from FSX-SE). If so, I think your only solution may be to go through the file and put an entry in each of these "Title=" lines to show what each area actually contains (obviously, you should make a copy of the file first).

Dugald

I had this problem 3 years ago - unfortunately I could not solve it and had to reinstall everything. Sorry.  I had been playing with FSX Starter or something, letting it alter which sceneries were activated. Never again!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, charliearon said:

Posting a link, like you did works!  I use a "direct" link and also use the Insert other media tab that's just above the Submit Reply button.  This gives a picture instead of the link.

Glad you got it to work.  Thank the Mods here, they were the ones who pointed me to the site and told me how to post images.  It's the easiest process.  I've been posting volumes of screenshots since I was helped, I love sharing my flights and scenery.

John

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your help everyone. I uninstalled and tried to re-install FSX, but I live in a rural area and have super slow internet. It is saying it will be ready to launch in 4 days and 20 hours. So I'll be back next week to follow up with this, if necessary. heh