Sign in to follow this  
ninerwhiskey9W

Font getting deleted automatically

Hello,

The Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended uses a font called Quartz to display the numbers in the NAV, COM, TCAS panels . Upon installing the aircraft, it worked fine. 

When I loaded the aircraft a day later, these gauges were blank. The cause seems to be the font is being removed from the Windows font library automatically. I tried deleting the font cache and the gauges worked after a restart.

However, when I shut down my PC again, the fonts disspear. The current workaround is to Boot the PC, install the font and restart. Given the long boot time my PC has, it gets very annoying after a few times. Any help on how to solve this ?

Some users fixed it by rolling back the Creators Update, but I dont have the option to roll back.

My OS is WIndows 10 Home Edition.

This is a known issue at Aerosoft, but they have said that "Less than 5% of our users are facing this issue" and that "The Twin Otter X Extended is now a finished product", so no help from their side.

Regards

When you install the font can you right-click properties, general, advanced, encrypt to secure it?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

35 minutes ago, SteveW said:

When you install the font can you right-click properties, general, advanced, encrypt to secure it?

The option to encrypt the font si greyed out. I have set it to read only and will see if the problem is occuring again.

20 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

I have set it to read only and will see if the problem is occuring again.

Good idea! 

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com