Sign in to follow this  
Hayden Robertson

0xc00005 - FSX:SE CTD every flight

If you're on Windows 10, there are some recent KB's that have caused this with P3D. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same in your case.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

For the NTDLL.dll error, you should check out the possible solutions on page 32 of the AVSIM CTD Guide.  These fixed the problem for many. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Also, when I am denied access to a file or folder, I right click the file or folder, click on Properties and then the Security Tab.  I then look to see who has permission.  If I (the User) am not allowed full control, I'll edit it and give myself full control.  Think you can do this too by going into Safe Mode.  You should be the Administrator of your Computer since you own the computer and the only user.  As the Administrator, you should be able to change this setting without any problems.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

12 hours ago, Hayden Robertson said:

https://imgur.com/a/IbA9o - Microsoft C++ thing.

Also UAC is off and FSX is admin. 

I think I see your problem.  You have the 64 bit version of Microsoft Visual C++2005.  FSX and FSX-SE are 32 bit applications and you need the 32 bit versions.  If you have X-Plane or P3DV4, then you would need the 64 bit version. You can also try to repair your User Account as it can get corrupted - https://neosmart.net/wiki/corrupt-user-profile/

Replacing the User Account has fix problems for me in the past.

Submit News to AVSIM

22 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I think I see your problem.  You have the 64 bit version of Microsoft Visual C++2005.  FSX and FSX-SE are 32 bit applications and you need the 32 bit versions.  If you have X-Plane or P3DV4, then you would need the 64 bit version. You can also try to repair your User Account as it can get corrupted - https://neosmart.net/wiki/corrupt-user-profile/

Replacing the User Account has fix problems for me in the past.

it'll be the (x64) NOT (X86)

2 hours ago, Hayden Robertson said:

it'll be the (x64) NOT (X86)

That's where you are wrong.  FSX-SE is a 32 bit application and needs the X86 version.

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, Hayden Robertson said:

oh my mistake, installed the x86 and nothing happens

The x86 version was installed by Dovetail when you installed FSX-SE.  Absolutely nothing is supposed to happen but, if an application add-on for FSX-SE needs the x86 version of Microsoft Visual 2005 w/SP1, then it is there.  Dovetail uses another version of Microsoft Visual C++ to install FSX-SE on your computer and really does not need MS 2005 w/SP1 but it is there in case there are any compatibility problems as you are running a very, very old program that was developed in 2006.  I understand it is v2013 which provides a lot of enhancements to the product and fixes some bugs found in the boxed version of FSX whenever you run FSX-SE. But you must have the x86 version of every Microsoft Visual installed.  Same goes with any Microsoft.net installed.  Here's the situation Hayden when you first buy your computer and install Windows 10 on your computer:  You do not have FSX-SE installed and you just bought it and you click on install.  It installs the product into Steam.  Once installed, you click on the FSX icon and FSX-SE starts up and you can then start making changes to your setup or use the default (ugh!).  There is nothing you have to do special (except read the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide for some suggestions on settings).  Just purchase, click on install, and run the application.  Everything is installed for you.  I always recommend one disable UAC and any anti-virus program (or at least set it to not scan the directory where FSX-SE is installed).  After installation you should make sure the FSX-SE directory is not scanned by your anti-virus program (if you have one installed.  Remember, Microsoft Defender is an anti-virus program).  But, to be sure, this FSX-SE application is easy to install and run. They install everything you need to make the program function properly.  If you are getting ntdll.dll errors after that, then you goofed up somewhere.  The ntdll.dll is a system file and does not belong to FSX-SE.  If you are overclocked in any way, the ntdll.dll will be triggered and your program will crash and indicate it happened while FSX-SE was running.  That does not mean there is anything wrong with FSX-SE.  It could mean your CPU voltage was too high or too low while running FSX-SE (if overclocked).  FSX-SE takes up a lot of system resources.  When your computer is under a lot of stress running FSX-SE, anything can happen.  If you have high settings in FSX-SE and/or the Display Driver settings, the ntdll.dll may be triggered because your computer cannot handle FSX-SE with high settings.  When you have high settings and FSX-SE needs to use massive computer system resources during a flight, your computer will crash the application because it cannot handle what you are throwing at it.  It is not FSX-SE's problem, it is you who caused the problem when you set up your computer with high settings.

Like I say in the CTD Guide, system drivers can cause an NTDLL.dll or other crashes too.  If they are not up-to-date, FSX-SE will crash as it needs updated drivers without bugs in them.  With Windows 10, many software and hardware developers are fighting everything to come up with drivers that are not buggy and will work in Windows 10.  Windows 10 uses a lot of security too.  Your application should be started everytime with Administrator Rights.  You do that by going to the FSX.exe file, right clicking on it and selecting Properties.  Then the Compatibility tab.  Nothing under this tab should be changed except at the bottom where it states Run this application as an Administrator for ALL users (not just you).

Hope this helps.

Submit News to AVSIM

My CPU is not overclocked and never has been, however I don't think having 75% + CPU usage when running FSX is very good for my CPU.

My Nvidia graphics driver is up to date

18 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Also, when I am denied access to a file or folder, I right click the file or folder, click on Properties and then the Security Tab.  I then look to see who has permission.  If I (the User) am not allowed full control, I'll edit it and give myself full control.  Think you can do this too by going into Safe Mode.  You should be the Administrator of your Computer since you own the computer and the only user.  As the Administrator, you should be able to change this setting without any problems.

Hi Jim, I wouldn't recommend full control to a User since it can become unusable in future. Instead give the "Users group" Modify permission. As a member of the Windows logins you become a member of that group and acquire the privileges of that group. So in future you don't lose access to anything with a fault in your profile.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Maybe I should do a featrure on Windows permissions and making ones own folders etc. One of the biggest problems in flight sim is actually one of the easiest to solve.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com