Sign in to follow this  
Hayden Robertson

0xc00005 - FSX:SE CTD every flight

ntdll.dll can be many things including a call to an unavailable item or incorrect permissions might do it. Reduce the sim to stock and try again. If stock sim faults then look at Windows updates and features.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

wouldn't it be easier to reinstall windows?

the latest crash [01.10.17 11:48] the event viewer said faulting module was  PMDG_737NGX_2.dll, but I wasn't flying the 737, I was flying the 777

It's really frustrating these types of problems and worse when after reinstalling Windows it is the same! Maybe that might be a quick method for you if it's only running the sim. You said your problems started after reinstalling FSX:SE. So I would guess a setting from an addon of some kind may have been lost, so I suggest running addon free to check it.

Just now, SteveW said:

It's really frustrating these types of problems and worse when after reinstalling Windows it is the same! Maybe that might be a quick method for you if it's only running the sim. You said your problems started after reinstalling FSX:SE. So I would guess a setting from an addon of some kind may have been lost, so I suggest running addon free to check it.

I did that like countless times, still crashes. I loaded up Friday Harbor Orbit Airlines 737 sure enough crashed 

Did you run the repair function in the FSX steam menu ?

Yes, steam menu FSX, right-click, choose properties, local files, verify.

When you say you tried stock sim, you have no dlls in the dll.xml specified? No scenery addons, no AI traffic?

4 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Yes, steam menu FSX, right-click, choose properties, local files, verify.

When you say you tried stock sim, you have no dlls in the dll.xml specified? No scenery addons, no AI traffic?

Oh, no I am doing it now.

no I didn't think to look in the DLL.Insert other media XML files

there's no  dll.xml files 

Simply rename dll.xml to dll.xml.org or something like that, make sure to have Explorer options showing file extensions.

When FSX crashes after a seemingly random time, something in certain circumstances may be being invoked, like a faulty AI model can come into play and cause it, because it's starting when you approach the right place at the right time. Another route might not invoke the same circumstances.

3 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Simply rename dll.xml to dll.xml.org or something like that, make sure to have Explorer options showing file extensions.

When FSX crashes after a seemingly random time, something in certain circumstances may be being invoked, like a faulty AI model can come into play and cause it. because it's starting when you approach the right place at the right time. Another route might not invoke the same circumstances.

my apologies, there's 4 dll.xml files

OK, look in:

C:\Users\hayden\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

or if you do not have FSX original installed:

C:\Users\hayden\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

there will be one dll.xml - rename and try an FSX stock plane.

OK let it update and continue as planned. One of those will be due to the renamed dll.xml (if you already renamed it) so a blank one would be inserted during the repair to recreate it. We can retire that later.

..another complication is that your addon DLC will still be selected, that's OK leave as is for the time being.