Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hayden Robertson

0xc00005 - FSX:SE CTD every flight

Recommended Posts

ntdll.dll can be many things including a call to an unavailable item or incorrect permissions might do it. Reduce the sim to stock and try again. If stock sim faults then look at Windows updates and features.


Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wouldn't it be easier to reinstall windows?

the latest crash [01.10.17 11:48] the event viewer said faulting module was  PMDG_737NGX_2.dll, but I wasn't flying the 737, I was flying the 777


hayden robertson~

intel i54460k 3.2 Geforce GTX 960 16GB RAM 120GB SSD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really frustrating these types of problems and worse when after reinstalling Windows it is the same! Maybe that might be a quick method for you if it's only running the sim. You said your problems started after reinstalling FSX:SE. So I would guess a setting from an addon of some kind may have been lost, so I suggest running addon free to check it.


Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteveW said:

It's really frustrating these types of problems and worse when after reinstalling Windows it is the same! Maybe that might be a quick method for you if it's only running the sim. You said your problems started after reinstalling FSX:SE. So I would guess a setting from an addon of some kind may have been lost, so I suggest running addon free to check it.

I did that like countless times, still crashes. I loaded up Friday Harbor Orbit Airlines 737 sure enough crashed 


hayden robertson~

intel i54460k 3.2 Geforce GTX 960 16GB RAM 120GB SSD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you run the repair function in the FSX steam menu ?


Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, steam menu FSX, right-click, choose properties, local files, verify.

When you say you tried stock sim, you have no dlls in the dll.xml specified? No scenery addons, no AI traffic?


Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Yes, steam menu FSX, right-click, choose properties, local files, verify.

When you say you tried stock sim, you have no dlls in the dll.xml specified? No scenery addons, no AI traffic?

Oh, no I am doing it now.

no I didn't think to look in the DLL.Insert other media XML files

there's no  dll.xml files 


hayden robertson~

intel i54460k 3.2 Geforce GTX 960 16GB RAM 120GB SSD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply rename dll.xml to dll.xml.org or something like that, make sure to have Explorer options showing file extensions.

When FSX crashes after a seemingly random time, something in certain circumstances may be being invoked, like a faulty AI model can come into play and cause it, because it's starting when you approach the right place at the right time. Another route might not invoke the same circumstances.


Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Simply rename dll.xml to dll.xml.org or something like that, make sure to have Explorer options showing file extensions.

When FSX crashes after a seemingly random time, something in certain circumstances may be being invoked, like a faulty AI model can come into play and cause it. because it's starting when you approach the right place at the right time. Another route might not invoke the same circumstances.

my apologies, there's 4 dll.xml files


hayden robertson~

intel i54460k 3.2 Geforce GTX 960 16GB RAM 120GB SSD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, look in:

C:\Users\hayden\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

or if you do not have FSX original installed:

C:\Users\hayden\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

 

there will be one dll.xml - rename and try an FSX stock plane.


Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK let it update and continue as planned. One of those will be due to the renamed dll.xml (if you already renamed it) so a blank one would be inserted during the repair to recreate it. We can retire that later.


Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..another complication is that your addon DLC will still be selected, that's OK leave as is for the time being.


Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...