Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

New ai traffic in development

This is good news. I am on P3dv3.4 and soon going to go into V4.

Having always used Just Flights Traffic add on in FSX and liked it, it's worthy of a look.

I currently use UT2 in P3dv3. I see a 10 to 20 fps drop when at busy airports with UT2 running? So my big question is, how will add on traffic affect frame rates/smoothness in P3dv4? Even though there won't be a VAS issue, with V4,  frame rates will always be an issue with the ESP engine, good as it is with the LM magic!

Just Flight always had good support too, so less chance of buying something then being abandoned.

Best regards.

17 hours ago, adf said:

Very interested in this project, I have UTLive and I'm just not satisfied with it. It's nice to see they have cargo models, though the first picture shows a UPS plane parked at a passenger stand (supposed it could be an AFCAD issue though). Hope the frames are good.

UT Live is an early access product that was 'soft' released via the forum. It's far from finished. They have an outstanding bug list and also an upcoming feature list which will address newer models and liveries. 

I would suggest it gets judged when the 'hard' release actually happens. 

We need those FAIB Boeing 767 models ASAP! Quite a few of my AIA 767s are invisible in P3D v3 :blink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

23 hours ago, threegreen said:

While I'm sure it will be a decent addition to the traffic addon collection, I never understand why people spend money on traffic addons instead of using AI Flightplanner which, in my opinion, is miles better than any of the payware options available (not including this one). And it's free.

If you're talking about AIG, AIA models, etc., most of them have already been converted to FSX and P3D models which work in v4. FAIB, FSP models etc. are FSX native so work anyway.

AI in Ultimate Traffic fly flight plans, in every other AI addon they fly direct to gps routes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

I don't see it as an afcad issue with cargo parking at the gates, but more of seeing that many UPS machines at EDDF at the same time. Also one of the other screens showing a Lufthansa A300, maybe it's includes some sort of retro thing, but they retired the A300 in 2009. Good for filling the skies I suppose, it just depends on what you are looking for.

My thoughts also. The program could have potential but that screen shot is a big negative on all the points you made.

I'll follow the development of this one.  I'm happy with MT6 and its mix of commercial, GA, cargo and military.  But, it's not being updated and that can be an issue long-term.  We'll see how Traffic Global looks after it is released.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Yes MT6 does the best job of handling parking locations as Cargo jets go where they are supposed to (for the most part) and Military too, but they aren't updating things. If you see cargo planes at gates this is the same issue that UT2 and UTlive does as well. 

Whenever I fly Cargo Ops I always use MT6 because they park them in the right spot.

Matthew Kane

I've used both WOAI and UT2 in FSX and spent countless hours with AIFP collecting and creating custom AI routes.  My thoughts are these for P3Dv4:

1. I purchased UT2 for FSX with the hope that I would no longer have to spend so much time managing AI traffic. Unfortunately, I discovered I was still spending time managing or replacing, wrong models, poor models, obsolete routes and airlines and removing old liveries, etc.

2. The best looking and performing real world AI situation I've had is a combination of WOAI and AIFP. However, it was a lot of work, and time consuming.  Several key models are not P3dv4 compatible yet so I'm reluctant to go down this road again.

3. I will consider purchasing an all inclusive AI program like global traffic when the developer takes some of that responsibility off the user and provides more frequent updates and support instead of just a set of tools for DIY traffic.  I already have access to those tools.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Traffic Global has to offer.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, solwell1 said:

3. I will consider purchasing an all inclusive AI program like global traffic when the developer takes some of that responsibility off the user and provides more frequent updates and support instead of just a set of tools for DIY traffic.  I already have access to those tools.

I would consider this as well. However, looking back upon their upgrades (or better lack of) for their Traffic 360 product I doubt we'll get what we want. Supposedly it will add to the several AI traffic programs being indeed a source of hassle another source of hassle one.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I agree with solwell1. Whilst some people seem to love doing all of this by hand (they must do, as the number of flightplans and updates that are released is almost endless), it is extremely time consuming work if you want your AI traffic to be as realistic and up to date as possible. Whilst I also have my reservations about the Traffic Global AI package, I would welcome a utility that provides "the complete solution" (including cargo and military aircraft) out of the box (with good quality models and regular updates). I used Ultimate Traffic 2 in the past, and whilst it was a solid piece of software with decent looking models, the lack of a significant number of paint schemes (and no cargo planes) left a lot to be desired. I ended up doing just as much work to update and improve the AI traffic with UT2 as I have done with freeware stuff!

The best part of UT2 was the "outside the sim engine", since this effectively solved a lot of those daft things that BGL driven AI planes do for the first 20 minutes or so after a scenario has been loaded. Issues like landing well short of the runway, approaching runways from the side, and diving down from high altitude like a free falling meteorite really should have been solved a long time ago.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any news on the release of Traffic Global? Also, will it include Cargo + Comm per their screenshot - would love if anyone was any updated info. 

Thanks!

Max Castro

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

On 9/30/2017 at 2:48 AM, Christopher Low said:

This is something that I can't quite understand when it comes to the freeware model builders and repainters of this world. They get very upset by people using their products in "complete packages" (quite rightly if permission has not been given), but it strikes me at times that they almost seem to want the end user to have to do lots of hard work....

You raise some good points, but theft of intellectual property is a crime, plain and simple.Someone is doing the hard work and it is the aircraft modelers, painters and flight plan creators.  They have the right not to have their work stolen. Although I agree with you that using the AIG method is very time consuming, it does yield an outstanding and flexible product. The models are state of the art and the liveries are up to date, as are the flight plans. No commercial package even comes close. The use of AIFP automates the process of tailoring an AI package.

The funny thing about UT Live, is if you read posts both here and elsewhere about it, one finds that UTL often just serves as an editing backbone, such that users can add all the best freeware models and liveries. Anyone who thinks that this custom approach is "turnkey" is mistaken. If one uses UTL as sold with the base packages, it consists mostly of legacy AI Aardvark and My T 6 models, with many missing and out of date liveries. Many promises have been made that this situation would be remedied once UTL was out of beta, but that hasn't happened. That said, UTL is the best choice for the average P3d user, as is World Traffic 3 for XP11, a comparable product to UTL.

Now to Just Flight. Traffic 360 had to be IMO, the most deficient AI add-on of the lot. It stumbled around with poor support for years and even worse compatibility with various versions of P3d. One would hope that the new JF offering is a whole lot better, but my question is, where are the great new liveries and models coming from? It takes months of hard work just to create just one realistic AI aircraft model. Erez Weber, the one man dynamo behind FAIB rarely puts out more than one or two new airliner models per year. I will reserve judgment, but my best guess is that JF isn't creating models from scratch.

It's coming along. We're still building and painting aircraft so I'm not sure if we'll be ready for a Christmas release. 

This was posted in the just flight forum about 2 weeks ago in relation to a release question.

Chris