Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

New ai traffic in development

I see just flight are close to releasing Traffic Global for fsx and p3d. It features real, up to date, liveries and schedules. The models look pretty good too, I’m hoping they will do a version for fsw  too.

This is a development page with some shots of it. Looks pretty good. It will be nice to have an up to date, actively support cross platform ai solution. The existing ones are a bit problematic to get up and running, poorly supported or have bugs in them.

https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Just Flight Just Trains Newsletter - September 2017&utm_content=Just Flight Just Trains Newsletter - September 2017+CID_84f32748035cf8e51ba119cefb87728c&utm_source=cm&utm_term=Traffic Global

Chris

• Upvote 1

Good news because, I hove some problems with old ai-models not compatible with v4

Very interested in this project, I have UTLive and I'm just not satisfied with it. It's nice to see they have cargo models, though the first picture shows a UPS plane parked at a passenger stand (supposed it could be an AFCAD issue though). Hope the frames are good.

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

While I'm sure it will be a decent addition to the traffic addon collection, I never understand why people spend money on traffic addons instead of using AI Flightplanner which, in my opinion, is miles better than any of the payware options available (not including this one). And it's free.

29 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Good news because, I hove some problems with old ai-models not compatible with v4

If you're talking about AIG, AIA models, etc., most of them have already been converted to FSX and P3D models which work in v4. FAIB, FSP models etc. are FSX native so work anyway.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I built 400 airlines using AIFP and the great model and repaint contributions in our community for my P3Dv3.  Now that I use P3Dv4, I might go with this new option since the former option requires a lot of manual updates as airlines change.  Also Ultimate Traffic will also provide competition, so I look forward to choosing between the two.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Yes and I also see in the screenshot they have Cargo Planes parked at the Gates :laugh:

Matthew Kane

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I never understand why people spend money on traffic addons instead of using AI Flightplanner which, in my opinion, is miles better than any of the payware options available (not including this one). And it's free.

I'd say people buy AI addons to save time, ease of use and knowledge.

I use UT2 as a base, full in missing stuff with WOAI and build my own for more obscure airlines that UT2 or WOAI don't have.

The time factor comes into play to build hindereds of different airlines. Time to download all the models, paints and schedules, then time spent to put it all together. Some people just want to fly and not spend evenings building AI traffic.

Addon payware to freeware and generally easy to use, install and go. Easy!

Also, some people are basic users and don't have to knowledge to compile traffic files, put textures to models, etc.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

29 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

Yes and I also see in the screenshot they have Cargo Planes parked at the Gates :laugh:

Probably just an AFCAD issue or parking code issue.

I wouldn't use that screen shot as a reason to diminish the product.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

23 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I use UT2 as a base, full in missing stuff with WOAI and build my own for more obscure airlines that UT2 or WOAI don't have.

The time factor comes into play to build hindereds of different airlines. Time to download all the models, paints and schedules, then time spent to put it all together. Some people just want to fly and not spend evenings building AI traffic.

Addon payware to freeware and generally easy to use, install and go. Easy!

Also, some people are basic users and don't have to knowledge to compile traffic files, put textures to models, etc.

AI Flightplanner does all that for you. The only you have to do manually is installing the models. Installing textures, compiling traffic files etc. is done by just pressing one button. Of course this does need more time than just installing a whole application via a setup file. I'm happy though with the two or three evenings I've spent to build my traffic because personally, I find the models and textures look much better than the likes of MyTraffic or UT.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

While I'm sure it will be a decent addition to the traffic addon collection, I never understand why people spend money on traffic addons instead of using AI Flightplanner which, in my opinion, is miles better than any of the payware options available (not including this one). And it's free.

If you're talking about AIG, AIA models, etc., most of them have already been converted to FSX and P3D models which work in v4. FAIB, FSP models etc. are FSX native so work anyway.

My wife and I both have full time jobs plus raising a 1 year old daughter.  I barely have time to do maybe one or two full flights a week.  A modern plug and play package would do me wonders.  

Matt Wilson

I don't see it as an afcad issue with cargo parking at the gates, but more of seeing that many UPS machines at EDDF at the same time. Also one of the other screens showing a Lufthansa A300, maybe it's includes some sort of retro thing, but they retired the A300 in 2009. Good for filling the skies I suppose, it just depends on what you are looking for.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Perhaps the scenery of the airport have a bad assignement of kind of gate. Often when you see a bad ai aircraft parked on wrong place

I'm hoping this new package is truly up to date, worldwide! I tried UT Live and it is totally out of date for my location..out of date flightplans, aircraft not spawning at major airports, etc..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

The time factor comes into play to build hundreds of different airlines. Time to download all the models, paints and schedules, then time spent to put it all together. Some people just want to fly and not spend evenings building AI traffic

This is something that I can't quite understand when it comes to the freeware model builders and repainters of this world. They get very upset by people using their products in "complete packages" (quite rightly if permission has not been given), but it strikes me at times that they almost seem to want the end user to have to do lots of hard work......and compiling hundreds of separate flightplans with multiple different AI models and masses of separate repaints IS hard work (despite what some people may tell you). Now, I fully understand that they want credit for their work, and also to be asked for permission as a courtesy, but many end users (as mentioned above) are not able to spend huge amounts of time compiling all of these flightplans, and so a complete package where everything has been done for them is the only option if they want to see realistic AI traffic at their airports. Is that so difficult to understand?

• Upvote 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png