Sign in to follow this  
cwdmr

Activation Issue

Hello all,

I have been losing my mind over this Prepar 3D v4 with PMDG 777...I have downloaded, updated...every thing I can think of and read about...When I open Prepar3Dv4 I am able to choose the 777, load it and it seems to be going through all of it's proper initialization.  The moment I touch anything, it informs me it will shut down (and it does) leaving me a message about activating my PMDG variant. The thing is, I never was prompted to enter the activation key...I have no idea how or where to do it now.  I received the link for these liveries via PMDG, all bought and paid for with the keys...seemed to download fine...but now what??? It is like the PMDG software is only partially communicating with the Prepar.  Thanks Much!

Catherine Wedmore

Thanks. Yes I did that about 20 hours ago.  Hoping to hear something very soon.  This is frustrating to say the least.  

Catherine Wedmore

1 hour ago, cwdmr said:

Thanks. Yes I did that about 20 hours ago.  Hoping to hear something very soon.  This is frustrating to say the least.  

Hi, Catherine,

Sorry you are having problems.  PMDG is usually good about responding reasonably quickly.

In the meantime:

1) I don't have P3D, but maybe someone else will answer whether it is necessary to install legacy versions of Simconnect.  This should be covered in the PMDG 777 Introductory/Installation Manual for P3D.

2) perhaps uninstall the 777 (using control panel>uninstall programs) and reinstall making sure you are running the installation program as administrator?

Just some thoughts

Mike

PS: You can enter your name so that it shows up every time you post by clicking on your username in the upper right corner, clicking on Account Settings, and then Signature.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Do not unistall unless someone from PMDG specifically tells you. Usually unistalling and reinstalling can cause more issues.

Better wait for someone from support to reply back on your ticket.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi,

Do not uninstall unless PMDGrecommend you to.

It is not exactly what you seeing since the aircraft is not dead in your case. However, no activation window may mean an issue with simconnect:

https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a111/aircraft-loads-up-dead-no-activation-window-no-landing-gear-simconnect-issue.aspx

I'm also looking for a service that may need to be running but I cannot remember which one. I think I read it somewhere in the forum but cannot remember where.

I will update here if I find it back.

Also don't forget to sign your posts with full names as required on this forum.

EDIT: I found the post I was looking for. The service to be checked is Flexnet:

Edited by Budbud
Add content

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!  It was the FlexNet issue in automatic.  Thank you all who answered and especially Budbud.  I was soooo close to starting all over... (as you can imagine the temptation.) Thanks for talking me off the cliff! Seems to be all good. (I'm donating right now!!! :) Cathy

Catherine Wedmore

Hi Cathy,

You are welcome, glad I was able to help.

Enjoy!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.