Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

PMDG operation Center Aircraft Update Failure

Looks like we are in a very similar situation :) I mentioned this post in my PMDG support ticket too. 

13 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Thanks sivin that did the trick, NGX and 777 are up to date.

Terrific that was a neat trick.  I wonder why running the updater you had didn't work.. good enough.

Dan Downs KCRP

Very neat! i'm glad that Sivin provided the info on how to find and install the updates manually. I'm told via PMDG support that it has to do with my user accounts, never had this issue until this last update for the NGX and 777 in P3D v4, then again it could be the issue that Paul had mentioned earlier.  At least I know how to update the modules manually if I need to.

\Robert Hamlich/

On 10/7/2017 at 7:08 PM, sivin said:

Glad I could help. 

Sivin,

Could you share where in the log the direct download file name is (and which log)?  I've got the 737NGX on FSXSE and have tried every combination of modifying your link above but can't get it.  (I'd like to try to fix this quickly before doing a ticket.)

|Marv|  KMLB
Melbourne, FL, USA
FSX:SE i7700k  ?Mobo  ?Gb DDR3  ?SSD GTX1080i Win10 x64

2 hours ago, islandflyer said:

Sivin,

Could you share where in the log the direct download file name is (and which log)?  I've got the 737NGX on FSXSE and have tried every combination of modifying your link above but can't get it.  (I'd like to try to fix this quickly before doing a ticket.)

Just going by memory, look in %AppData%\Roaming\PMDG folder, the link for the update is at the bottom of one of the logs. I have a fresh install of P3D, I've not installed any aircraft addons yet.

\Robert Hamlich/

7 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Just going by memory, look in %AppData%\Roaming\PMDG folder, the link for the update is at the bottom of one of the logs. I have a fresh install of P3D, I've not installed any aircraft addons yet.

I'll have a look tonight. Thank you!

|Marv|  KMLB
Melbourne, FL, USA

Right where you said it was HUSSAR, thanks for the steer. 

Alas my update problem lies elsewhere.

|Marv|  KMLB
Melbourne, FL, USA

It was either because I had P3D v3 and v4 installed at the same time or because I had installed PMDG logged in as admin via the CMD prompt.  For the latter, it should never have been there.

\Robert Hamlich/

I was having the same problem. It took me awhile to find out that it was the Norton anti-virus that was impeding the download of the file from PMDG's servers. Had to put it on an exclusion list. Now it has worked fine.

I've uninstalled both Prepar3D v3 & v4 and did a fresh install of P3D v4.1 and I still cannot update aircraft using the OC.  I will try disabling all other non-essential apps that are running in the background and see if the issue is eliminated and I will report back if I find anything.  Again, this a brand new issue, I've never had a problem with PMDG's OC.

\Robert Hamlich/

6 hours ago, Rodrigo Barbosa said:

I was having the same problem. It took me awhile to find out that it was the Norton anti-virus that was impeding the download of the file from PMDG's servers. Had to put it on an exclusion list. Now it has worked fine.

Yet another example of why I tell people to remove their AV software. Seriously...looking at the number of times AV gets in the way versus actually protects people, it's actually quite startling. I know a lot of you might not see it since you only use your machine, and AV programs do so many things now without warning you (which is pretty awful, if you ask me). From my perspective, though, working support, you get to see how often this actually occurs.

AV software for home use is - I'll put this very bluntly - garbage. Just use Defender. It's really all you need, and it's free.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I have trend micro av on my windows 10 & yes you are right  that the av does seem to interfere a lot if I don't disable it when running P3d. So it is okay to just use defender instead.

Ron Frayne

14 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yet another example of why I tell people to remove their AV software. Seriously...looking at the number of times AV gets in the way versus actually protects people, it's actually quite startling. I know a lot of you might not see it since you only use your machine, and AV programs do so many things now without warning you (which is pretty awful, if you ask me). From my perspective, though, working support, you get to see how often this actually occurs.

AV software for home use is - I'll put this very bluntly - garbage. Just use Defender. It's really all you need, and it's free.

Kyle could this issue also be related to Win10 core updates?  As per this other thread:

\Robert Hamlich/