Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Upcoming GNS V2 2.3.4 update

Hi,

A quick note to let you know about the upcoming update, hopefully in a few days!

We've been hard at work, listening to many of your suggestions, and tried to implement a few of them.

- Added 2 new per-instance settings to adjust the brightness of the bezel, and to offset the brightness of the screen independently. Some VC are not natively designed for the GNS V2 gauge, and these settings helps the gauge look and feel. "per-instance" means you can set these up for a gauge in the VC, set these up differently for another gauge in the VC, and again for any other popup window! It is quite flexible!

- Added a 'scaling' option in the assistant when creating popup windows. Although it might not be useful as-is for the GNS V2, it is paramount when trying to stack 2x GTN 750 on a small monitor. Since we've been adding this option to the GTN, we've also added it to the GNS V2! The assistant let's you choose 1:1, ¾, ½ and ¼ scales.

- Correct a potential bug when closing the trainer which give to some 'windows event reports' when closing the simulator.

- Plus an assortment of other adjustments, bug fixes and stability enhancements. 

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Tony, the GNS V2 comes in the form of a gauge, and it shouldn't be any different than other gauges for that matter!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I've been preoccupied a bit lately... did I miss the release of gns v2 2.3.4?

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

@bbuckley not yet, but it is on its way:

Since we knew about the upcoming P3D4.1, we've chosen to wait and issue only 1 update instead of 2 consecutive ones, while at the same time further adding and cross-implementing features in both our GNS V2 and our GTN for FltSim (upcoming too), and a few more I'll announce anytime soon!

You can already add to the list of new features for both the GNS V2 and the GTN:

New: Link Simulator GPS waypoints.

Synchronize the default GPS with the next waypoints in the GNS V2/GTN route. This is very handy to make any third party EFIS using the default GPS to display your GNS V2/GTN route instead!

New: Use Legacy Mouse

Offers alternate mouse handling for knobs, using left button (CCW), right button (CW) and middle button (push) anywhere on the knob surface.

Sounds great!  I thought it might be 4.1related. 

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

The v2.3.4 update is now live!

Settings Panel | Check updates...

@RXP  GREAT!  Got it, and will also get the GTN Touch in a day or two!