Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

P3D V4 White & Red Pixels(?)

I am not going to go into too much detail as the video below explains a lot, but I will say that this isn't an issue with my monitor, this doesn't happen with any other program, and this only happens at night in and around populated areas. I have experienced this issue for months now with P3D V4 and I haven't found the cause, it isn't my graphics drivers, all of my other drivers are up to date, there are no software updates that would cause this. Any ideas? 

Does it happen only at night? 

It doesn't look like the pixels that happen when your graphics card is overheating but it might be. I would check the fan on the graphics card. 

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

Wow...it will be interesting to hear Root Cause.  If you ever determine Root Cause.

Good Luck!  I'm curious

-Braun

1 hour ago, Taver said:

Does it happen only at night? 

It doesn't look like the pixels that happen when your graphics card is overheating but it might be. I would check the fan on the graphics card. 

The OP does state it only happens night. Albeit, is it possible that it occurs in daytime but isn't as noticeable? Its interesting that you say it only occurs in populated areas, maybe their is too much going on for your graphics card, maybe roll back the settings a bit and see if this makes any difference.

Hopefully 4.1 may be bring some solution.

Ian S

38.jpg

10 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

I am not going to go into too much detail as the video below explains a lot, but I will say that this isn't an issue with my monitor, this doesn't happen with any other program, and this only happens at night in and around populated areas. I have experienced this issue for months now with P3D V4 and I haven't found the cause, it isn't my graphics drivers, all of my other drivers are up to date, there are no software updates that would cause this. Any ideas? 

The pixels you are seeing are very simular to the default strobe lights effects of AI planes (which are faulty under V4) and it looks like the are reflected on your vc cabin.

Does this happens when you turn your AI levels to zero?, I developed a free fix for the effects, maybe it would help you.

Another cause it could be this: are you overclocking your video card? They look like particles appearing due to unstable OC settings,  monitor your GPU temp at night, disabling Dynamic lighting and reseting your NVI settings to default could help.

The third cause could be that the particle draw shader is corrupted, try deleting your shaders cache and restart your sim.

I hope these suggestions help.

Regards 

Simbol 

5 hours ago, simbol said:

I do use a custom NVI preset but I don't think thats whats causing the issue, since before I started using NVI the issue occurred. It can't be a hardware failure due to my GPU as I have changed GPU's since the issue started occurring and nothing has changed. The issue only starts to happen when at around 10 - 15 thousand feet and on descent. I can go fine through a cruise with no issues what so ever. I mean its a visual issue, but doesn't affect performance or cause the sim to crash, however I would like to get to the bottom of it. I don't think it is anything to do with the AI either as there were no AI around when I took the video.  

1 hour ago, shamrockflyer said:

I do use a custom NVI preset but I don't think thats whats causing the issue, since before I started using NVI the issue occurred. It can't be a hardware failure due to my GPU as I have changed GPU's since the issue started occurring and nothing has changed. The issue only starts to happen when at around 10 - 15 thousand feet and on descent. I can go fine through a cruise with no issues what so ever. I mean its a visual issue, but doesn't affect performance or cause the sim to crash, however I would like to get to the bottom of it. I don't think it is anything to do with the AI either as there were no AI around when I took the video.  

In that case the most likely reason is GPU artifacts due to unstable OC, corrupted shaders or your monitor, can you confirm your GPU temps when this is occurring?

Simbol 

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

In that case the most likely reason is GPU artifacts due to unstable OC, corrupted shaders or your monitor, can you confirm your GPU temps when this is occurring?

Simbol 

My GPU is not overclocked, it is the OC edition, but I haven't changed any settings with the card at all. Just to put it out there, I also use PTA don't know if that could cause it or not? 

1 minute ago, shamrockflyer said:

My GPU is not overclocked, it is the OC edition, but I haven't changed any settings with the card at all. Just to put it out there, I also use PTA don't know if that could cause it or not? 

PTA implements post processing shaders so maybe.

Can you disable the addon and see if the problem goes away?

Simbol 

18 hours ago, AirCanada235 said:

I have the EXACT same issue but only notice it when I am using the 744 from PMDG

Well that is odd, does it happens if you turn off dynamic lighting?

The OP indicated the problem was in P3DV4.  Since then, Lockheed has released V4.1 and V4.2.  You asking about V4?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am on a fresh installed Windows with P3D 4.2 and I have got this issue 

Edited by FlightAlex

Have this issue also but only on some sceneries.

In my case this happens on the UK2000 EGKK scenery (free). My monitor flashes like a christmas during taxi. Verry annoying. The flashes are there also in daylight (black small rectangles) but not so pronounced.

I once seen similar thing approaching Munich with T2G scenery. It looked like flashing lead in lights overtaking me in flight. Our friendly forum posters said I was overtaken by a UFO *laugh*.

For the record: I have v4.2.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech