Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Found a nice autopilot gauge

I like having a simple autopilot that handles everything in one click, and that can be used with any aircraft.  I found one in the file library that is compatible with P3dv4.  It's found in the file library here:

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxgau&DLID=159715

I had to tweak the parameters a bit from the suggested settings, here's my panel.cfg edit for this 2d popup:

John

[WindowXX]
file=info.bmp
size_mm=600,130
position=0
visible=1
ident=143
window_size= 0.250, 0.150
window_pos= 0.020, 0.030

gauge00=Meggitt2100!Meggitt2100,  X,Y,533,122
gauge01=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound,2,2,2,2,./gauges/Meggitt2100/meggitt2100_xml_sound.ini
gauge02=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Debugger,  420,550,600,80

Nice!  Can you control it with standard fsx key commands?

• Like 1

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

I might have seen that too, but it otherwise works once the autopilot is enabled.  I tried it out on the Piper Sport, which lacks an autopilot, and it worked quite well holding the gps and altitude.

John

Hi Cactus

When you say that you saw the error too, did it go away once you enabled the autopilot? I tried that on the Baron but the error is still there. Thanks

John

You can save yourself a small amount of both memory and CPU cycles by commenting out or deleting the debugger line in the panel window outlined in your post.

It's unnecessary for the operation of either the sound gauge or the autopilot gauge.

Doug