Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Heads up for Aerofly FS2 owners

If you have bought both sims then you might be interested to know that IPACS has announced they are coming out of early access in a couple of weeks. 

10 minutes ago, AOB said:

If you have bought both sims then you might be interested to know that IPACS has announced they are coming out of early access in a couple of weeks. 

Yes, but I'm anyway a bit concerned about some base capabilities of the AFS2 sim that are not yet implemented that in my opinion should be present if IPACS decides to come out of early-access (AI Traffic, Aircraft dynamics and fuel consumption, Cold & Dark cockpits simulation, Real weather simulation, to name the most important ones - in my opinion - :ha:)

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

36 minutes ago, AOB said:

Well, if that's the case, they'd better have some kind of massive update planned in the next week and a half which improves the flight models, adds super-duper ATC, AI traffic and the ability to add realtime weather, or at least the believable promise of that stuff being on the way, otherwise it's gonna be a bit of a disappointment. It needs at least some, or preferably all of those things to stand a chance of making it as a long term favourite for flight simmers in a world where it has to go toe to toe with FS2004, FSX, FSX-SE, P3D V1, 2, 3 & 4, FSW, XPlane 10 & 11, Condor, Silent Wings, DCS World, TOH, RFTO, Falcon, WOF etc, not forgetting another new bush flying flight sim being unveiled in the next week or so at Cosford as well.

I wish em good luck, but I've got my doubts.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I will need to reinstall it. But I might wait until some of those glaring faults have been fixed too. The dead world and no water textures need patching up.

But this is the FSW board guys, and there's even an AEFS2 one here at AVSIM... Not playing moderator :-) just advising....

BTW: How's that new cloud motion option in updt 13 ?

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If I had wanted to post that on the AFS2 I would have done so. The reason I posted it in FSW was because like me, there may be some members who only have FSW loaded at the moment on their PC. The question was addressed to those with dual ownership and I resent the interference.

The reality is that if you post in a specific subforum a message, whose subject is a completely different flight simulator, that's gonna inevitably end up with a heated discussion and a locked thread at the least. For example, try posting an X-Plane related announcement on the P3D forum (or viceversa) and you'll immediately see angry replies, rapidly followed by a locked or deleted thread. For this reason, doing that should be avoided.

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

6 hours ago, Murmur said:

The reality is that if you post in a specific subforum a message, whose subject is a completely different flight simulator, that's gonna inevitably end up with a heated discussion and a locked thread at the least. For example, try posting an X-Plane related announcement on the P3D forum (or viceversa) and you'll immediately see angry replies, rapidly followed by a locked or deleted thread. For this reason, doing that should be avoided.

+1000

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 9/29/2017 at 9:35 PM, edpatino said:

Yes, but I'm anyway a bit concerned about some base capabilities of the AFS2 sim that are not yet implemented that in my opinion should be present if IPACS decides to come out of early-access (AI Traffic, Aircraft dynamics and fuel consumption, Cold & Dark cockpits simulation, Real weather simulation, to name the most important ones - in my opinion - :ha:)

In a way, they are between a rock and a hard place. Where does the initial feature list reasonably stop? In a fair competition with FSX/P3D/XP after their years (sometimes decades) of development, AF should be allowed a similar amount of time to mature, but we all know that's not gonna happen. 

The only sims that have any chance to move forward that quickly is by leapfrogging development off the back of other sims that are already feature complete. (which is why that's such a popular option via esp)

Realistically, I think AF is probably wise to realize its current limitations and take smaller, more honestly digestible bites rather than trying to match decades of other sim developement in 2 years. (and overreaching)

With a stable base, it might be a good time to begin letting third parties step forward.....

And as they have mentioned several times, coming out of early access does not mean the end of further development......

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

9 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

With a stable base, it might be a good time to begin letting third parties step forward.....

And as they have mentioned several times, coming out of early access does not mean the end of further development......

Yes, you have two good points!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers