Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

JS41 quick review video

Thanks for posting.  Do any real JS41 have a GTN 750?  I didn't see one in any of the real world photos I saw.  I really liked the FMS it used to have.  Really looking forward to flying her again.  I'd wish PMDG would reuse their turboprop engine modelling on another aircraft. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

So the old basic FMC is not included anymore? That's a pity, it really contributed to the plane being different from other airplanes. 

Peter

• Upvote 1

Did I hear that it’s just the GTN 750 or default gps 500?

it would be good if options for the smaller 650 and older GNS systems would be included as I’m guessing that’s more likely for this type?

on a side note, that’s a Facebook post and a YouTube video with zero said on the actual forum? 

I probably will not buy this aircraft without the original FMC.  The GTN 750 does not have an updateable nav database.  I realize, maybe the few aircraft remaining, may be removing the uns.  However, pretty much every single one of these planes had the uns at one point.  I wish to fly this plane how it was flown in the airlines for 20+ years, not how the remaining few, mostly private, operators fly them.  The previous uns in the FSX version was excellent.  As to why it wouldn't be included, puzzles me.

• Upvote 1

Probably because it would take much more time to recode the original system for 64 bit and would drive up the cost of the airplane, it's not a system that they would potentially reuse on a future aircraft.

I for one welcome the GTN.

2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Probably because it would take much more time to recode the original system for 64 bit and would drive up the cost of the airplane, it's not a system that they would potentially reuse on a future aircraft.

I for one welcome the GTN.

The original fmc wasn’t even a pmdg development. It was done by Ernie Alston. I’m guessing he’s busy with the QW 787 at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GHarrall said:

The original fmc wasn’t even a pmdg development. It was done by Ernie Alston. I’m guessing he’s busy with the QW 787 at the moment. 

Ah that explains a lot. Thx for the info.

The thing i do not understand is why they are "rushing" through all their products... We already have a turboprop (DC-6) and so i do not see an immediate need for the bae41.

We are still waiting on the 748 the ops center 2 and pigeonworks is under development.. .. 

I think this is a bit widespread and can be then end in higher cost for their products.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

1 minute ago, 30K said:

The thing i do not understand is why they are "rushing" through all their products... We already have a turboprop (DC-6) and so i do not see an immediate need for the bae41.

The DC-6 is not a turboprop, it has piston engines. Douglas did consider making a turboprop DC-7, with Rolls Royce Tyne engines, but it never made it past the drawing board stage because they were making the DC-8 by then.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 minutes ago, 30K said:

We are still waiting on the 748 the ops center 2 and pigeonworks is under development.. .. 

I think this is a bit widespread and can be then end in higher cost for their products.

Different teams are working on different projects, so other team is working on JS41, other on the 748 other on the oc2 etc etc . As already noted the DC6 isn't a turboprop and can't compare to the JS41.

And believe me there is no rush in any product :)

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

15 minutes ago, 30K said:

We do already have the 747-400 :dry:

there are people who like marshmallows and there are people prefering a steak... 

14 minutes ago, Chock said:

The DC-6 is not a turboprop, it has piston engines. Douglas did consider making a turboprop DC-7, with Rolls Royce Tyne engines, but it never made it past the drawing board stage because they were making the DC-8 by then.

DC-8? Is that a typo? 

Edit: Forget it... Douglas, not PMDG :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

DC-8? Is that a typo? 

Nope, it's a jet airliner :biggrin:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

DC-8? Is that a typo? 

No. Why would it be?