Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

JS41 quick review video

Just now, Chock said:

Nope, it's a jet airliner :biggrin:

haha yes.. I misread your post and thought PMDG had a DC-8 in production xDD

1 minute ago, Ephedrin said:

haha yes.. I misread your post and thought PMDG had a DC-8 in production xDD

Damn, I wish that were true, although to be fair the JF one isn't bad now it has been patched up and made P3D V4 compatible.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, Chock said:

The DC-6 is not a turboprop, it has piston engines. Douglas did consider making a turboprop DC-7, with Rolls Royce Tyne engines, but it never made it past the drawing board stage because they were making the DC-8 by then.

Classic Douglas.  They loved stretching out designs for as long as possible before they needed to make something completely new. I've got to admit though, they did it very well and you were left with an excellent aircraft by the end of that cycle... :happy:

(Shame that they were late on the DC-8 though, their slower reaction to the imminent jet age was what let [along with that lucrative military contract for the KC135] Boeing cement themselves into commercial aviation and eventually absorb Douglas. [Along with many stuff ups and a few other key factors. I think that part of that demise was their constant want to expand on an existing airplane instead of going all out on a new one. There are many risks in doing that though.])

45 minutes ago, VHOEI said:

There are many risks in doing that though.

Indeed.  Douglas was a strong competitor but Boeing has the knack for going way out on a limb and betting the farm on a new airplane.  They've done that several times and more than once almost went out of business.

Dan Downs KCRP

Huge bummer that the GNS-XLS is gone. I appreciate the option for other units, because more options is always better, but at the expense of the original FMC is disappointing to say the least.

Just now, richcam427 said:

Huge bummer that the GNS-XLS is gone. I appreciate the option for other units, because more options is always better, but at the expense of the original FMC is disappointing to say the least.

Try not to succumb to the simmer mentality that the FMC is the pinnacle of glory. Most operators of this type now have replaced the old unit for a much more capable GPS unit.

Kyle Rodgers

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Try not to succumb to the simmer mentality that the FMC is the pinnacle of glory. Most operators of this type now have replaced the old unit for a much more capable GPS unit.

I do know that, but I've never seen a Jetstream with a GTN. I've seen plenty of Jetstreams with GNS430s and 530s, so I hope that we'll have the option to integrate the F1 GNS units as well (like the DC-6.)

• Upvote 1